Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I might be biased but I think its a pointless move. Wolves are not going to get in top 6 it will be mid table football. Smith and co have him in the form of his life. He could get a bigger move in the summer I feel.

Taking the Villa glasses off for a moment I think its the perfect move for him.

If you rewind 3-5 years, Lukaku was struggling to break through at Chelsea but he moved to a midtable Premier team in Everton and flourished before moving to a big team again.

I can see parallels 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think he will get plenty of game time at wolves. We’ve lost better players yes, but look where we have ended up. Losing him is as big a blow as losing Grealish. Infact it’s probably a bigger blow because he scores so many. At the end of the day, if we don’t go up this season, which is looking more doubtful we won’t  by the week, then Grealish will be gone too. No way will he stick it out another season down here. Then we will be in the shit. 

Take a chill pill , we are  still in the running for the playoffs , Davies looked lively and Kodja and Hogan have both scored plenty in this league. I do like Tammy but hes  not as good as people are making out McGinn would be a far bigger loss and so would Grealish . 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I was listening to the WM phone in on the way back from the game today and some Villa fan called in and mentioned this. 

The WM guy said that the rules have since been changed regarding u23 games and that it has already been confirmed that Tammy is eligible to play for a different club. 

May all be nonsense, I'm simply commented on what the WM guy said. 

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think he will get plenty of game time at wolves. We’ve lost better players yes, but look where we have ended up. Losing him is as big a blow as losing Grealish. Infact it’s probably a bigger blow because he scores so many. At the end of the day, if we don’t go up this season, which is looking more doubtful we won’t  by the week, then Grealish will be gone too. No way will he stick it out another season down here. Then we will be in the shit. 

You know it’s not when you think about. Yes it is gutting but he is going back end of the season anyway regardless what league we are in. Grealish is ours so we would find him leaving more difficult I would say.

sadly I do think grealish is off in the summer but at least we will get a huge fee for him, and I think if w3 ge5 30m in we really can build a major squad at this level. We hav3 lost better players than grealish as well and soldiered on. It will be sad but I’m confident it’s going to not be as bad as we think provided we are allowed to spend what we get for grealish.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

Take a chill pill , we are  still in the running for the playoffs , Davies looked lively and Kodja and Hogan have both scored plenty in this league. I do like Tammy but hes  not as good as people are making out McGinn would be a far bigger loss and so would Grealish . 

Davies will never be a goal scorer so forget him. Hogan, you’ve got to be having a laugh. Kodjia is capable, but just not consistent enough. You win games by scoring goals. Grealish and McGinn don’t score goals. Abraham has been banging them in without the help of Grealish in the team. Abraham is every bit as good as people are making out, in this league anyway. It’s not an overreaction, it reality. We concede way too many and will do all season. Our goals for will come down significantly with Abraham in the team. 

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

Come off it hogan??? Are you for real?? He has been a compete and utter flop here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You know it’s not when you think about. Yes it is gutting but he is going back end of the season anyway regardless what league we are in. Grealish is ours so we would find him leaving more difficult I would say.

sadly I do think grealish is off in the summer but at least we will get a huge fee for him, and I think if w3 ge5 30m in we really can build a major squad at this level. We hav3 lost better players than grealish as well and soldiered on. It will be sad but I’m confident it’s going to not be as bad as we think provided we are allowed to spend what we get for grealish.

Well no one really knows our financial situation still. Abraham would have gone at the end anyway, that’s true, but to lose him at this stage is catastrophic imo. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Well no one really knows our financial situation still. Abraham would have gone at the end anyway, that’s true, but to lose him at this stage is catastrophic imo. 

The thing is though goal scorers are not as hard to replace, smith has signed various forwards for small fees. I’m confident he can do it again. If it was under Bruce I’d be more worried.

tbh even with Tammy I dint think we are going up yet. Smith needs a season here to sort the defence out and mound his team. Get rid of the brucritts such as Hutton Taylor elmo and get the hungry high energy beasts he had At Brentford in a villa side.

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The thing is though goal scorers are not as hard to replace, smith has signed various forwards for small fees. I’m confident he can do it again. If it was under Bruce I’d be more worried.

tbh even with Tammy I dint think we are going up yet. Smith needs a season here to sort the defence out and mound his team. Get rid of the brucritts such as Hutton Taylor elmo and get the hungry high energy beasts he had At Brentford in a villa side.

That’s all ifs and buts at the moment. I have no doubt we will bring someone in, but how many strikers have we signed and have been flops. We had it all with Abraham, and it’s just annoying we can’t see the season out with him. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come off it hogan??? Are you for real?? He has been a compete and utter flop here.

Lol read the stats for Brentford, he has scored goals in this league, that's for real 😉

25 minutes ago, av1 said:

I was listening to the WM phone in on the way back from the game today and some Villa fan called in and mentioned this. 

The WM guy said that the rules have since been changed regarding u23 games and that it has already been confirmed that Tammy is eligible to play for a different club. 

May all be nonsense, I'm simply commented on what the WM guy said. 

I think this all started from a new years day IV with smith. WM said that villa confirmed that TA would be eligible for a move should one materialise. But at the time smith said TA is happy, Chelsea are happy  and villa are happy. Today smith said that he expects TA in training on Monday.

More worryingly after todays showing but has been reported as saying he has capable understudies in Hogan and Kjodia......

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Lol read the stats for Brentford, he has scored goals in this league, that's for real 😉

That was a while ago though - he looked a million miles away from that sort of form today.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s all ifs and buts at the moment. I have no doubt we will bring someone in, but how many strikers have we signed and have been flops. We had it all with Abraham, and it’s just annoying we can’t see the season out with him. 

It’s disappointing but it’s not the end of the world for us - we create enough chances for goals and my concern is more at the other end - I have faith smith will replace Tammy with a decent striker 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No offence but, you really think we can build a major squad, for this level, with £30m? Can I remind you that our two (ineffective) main strikers today cost not too far short of that for those two alone! 

We will need more than Jack's transfer fee to build a good squad for this level. Remember, down here, we are rated like the Man City in the transfer market. Our proud history and club size goes before us and as soon as we're linked with a player the fee instantly grows. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

That was a while ago though - he looked a million miles away from that sort of form today.

And last season Tammy scored how many for Swansea? 5 in 31. He's not our player and he's not worth 30m IMO.

Good luck to Tammy, I would rather have him than not but keeping him and leaving our own players on the bench affects our players and their values and their development so it's not all negatives if he leaves. 

• Like 3

Â