Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Just now, DCJonah said:

Why would kodjia struggle. He scored for fun for bristol and then for us. Since getting fully fit he hasn't played central. 

Kodjia will score goals in this team

im not saying he wont, im saying i think he might struggle.

only reason i say that is although he can score goals (which might be enough to just score goals), he's selfish and lacks intelligence for a pass/intricate passes from what i have seen, which in the DS system isnt good, especially as the "lone striker".

Happy to be proved wrong.

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

Strange move by Chelsea. If he is as shit at Wolves as he was at Swansea (which I suspect he will be) then it won't do his value any good. Better off banging 30 goals in the championship than 1 in the premier league.

If he flops again then it will look like he isn't cut out for top flight football.

You assume the aim is to sell him?

Do you not think chelsea want to develop him? Also Tammy will want to play in the prem so why would they stop that happening?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

Strange move by Chelsea. If he is as shit at Wolves as he was at Swansea (which I suspect he will be) then it won't do his value any good. Better off banging 30 goals in the championship than 1 in the premier league.

If he flops again then it will look like he isn't cut out for top flight football.

1)I'd imagine Wolves have offered them cash for a loan 

2) Even if he flops doubt they will lose much value on him and on flip side if he goes there scores 10 goals or so then he value will rocket due to being young/english 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

The only reason their owners brought them was to use the club as a way of exploiting a loophole to make money off player transfers for their 'agency' (i.e their own back pockets) . WW is a glorified trading post. 

This could be true, but I don’t think it’s likely. While they’re an investment company and clearly looking to make money by owning Wolves, a company that makes tens of millions a day looking to make a few million in a risky field as trading footballers doesn’t seem likely to me. 

With regards to this transfer, I’m not personally too excited about it, if we were signing him permanently or it was a loan with a view to a buy it would make sense, but really, this move at the moment looks good for Abraham and Chelsea and not amazing for Wolves who won’t be going down and can’t play him in the cup. 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He wants to play in the premier league. I don’t see why people are so surprised he wants to go. 

Claret and blue specs all over the place. 

It's because it's a kick in the bollocks for many and to our remaining promotion credentials - which are already in tatters anyway.

I hope he stays but what I don't understand is Dean Smith coming out saying that he is confident he will stay... 24hrs later and it appears he is off to Wolves.

ITSOTP.. until then. He is a Chelsea-Villa loan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You assume the aim is to sell him?

Do you not think chelsea want to develop him? Also Tammy will want to play in the prem so why would they stop that happening?

The problem is, and sorry in advance to all the abraham fan boys, I personally don't think he's good enough for the prem currently.

He's banging them in here which is good for his confidence and development, he's a very good championship level striker, but how will be feel and develop when he isn't scoring half as much in a prem team.

Who knows, he might score loads for wolves :), but I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's because it's a kick in the bollocks for many and to our remaining promotion credentials - which are already in tatters anyway.

So? Do you think Abraham has more than a casual interest in our promotion hopes?

he owes us nothing. Take the fact we’re villa fans out of the equation and we’d all do exactly the same in his position. 

He didn’t want to come to start with. He was professional and scored goals for us. I had a feeling he’d go as soon as rumbles came out that he has a recall clause. Bad move all round I think as I think he will struggle to get games at wolves as they have a very good and settled team. If he was going perm or had option to buy in the summer I’d understand as I do think Wolves are on the up and will be challenging too 4-7 going forward for some time, but it’s a loan! By the time he settles down there he will be back at Chelsea in the summer with zero options. 

I like him but, this stings a little. Premier League football or not. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So? Do you think Abraham has more than a casual interest in our promotion hopes?

he owes us nothing. Take the fact we’re villa fans out of the equation and we’d all do exactly the same in his position. 

It's not something I would try to guess what is going on in his mind over our promotional hopes as such.

Yes he may well owe us nothing and I don't begrudge anyone bettering themselves but there we go.

Like I say, when he is in THEIR SOTP I will then believe it, irrespective of AVFC goggles. :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve been saying for years, right back to the likes of Kyle Walker loaning players is a shit way to run a club. 

The way Bruce depended on them was an absolute joke.

I think loans are good if there's no recall option and you have agreed a price that the player can be bought for at the end of the loan. That way you get a season to see if he's any good before you commit to signing him. Other than that they are terrible because you are over a barrel and the parent club calls the tune. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

An important point from the Percy article is that the deal is subject to FIFA approval. Is this likely given the Ben Arfa example? The FA and Premier League have approved it apparently. 

I find the whole thing bizarre.

24 hrs ago Dean Smith reiterated that he is not expecting anything to change and that Chelsea had rejected a bid from Wolves maintaining they will make a descision on Tammy by 14th January.

Do you think then since 24hrs ago another bid has been tabled (Subject to Fifa clearance) that Chelsea have possibly accepted it and it could be a case of he will Join Wolves either now or in the summer BUT remain on loan at Villa until the end of the season?

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think loans are good if there's no recall option and you have agreed a price that the player can be bought for at the end of the loan. That way you get a season to see if he's any good before you commit to signing him. Other than that they are terrible because you are over a barrel and the parent club calls the tune. 

Which rarely ever happens.

Â