Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

If this is true then to me it shows the lack of class Wolves have as a board and club. I think had it been role reversal and us in the premiership and they where we are we wouldn't have gone for Tammy and stick two fingers up to a local team. Classless.

• Haha 4

Gutted if it happens as I was looking forward to having a striker to score 20 league goals a season for us since withe in 81..

He probably didn't want to be here as he wanted a prem loan move in the summer, we were his best choice when no prem club wanted to take him on, let's remember he already smashed the championship with Bristol a few years ago so has nothing to prove in this league, he wants to play for Chelsea and to do thar he needs to be in the prem with anyone.

Kodjia and hogan need to step up now. 

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve been saying for years, right back to the likes of Kyle Walker loaning players is a shit way to run a club. 

The way Bruce depended on them was an absolute joke.

It really isn’t, though. We wouldn’t have afforded a player with the quality of Abraham at this level without being on loan. Wolves wouldn’t have been able to assemble as strong a squad as they did last season without loans. 

They’re a great way of utilising the talent pool (generally) to try and get promotion.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, no surprise if he goes, he's earned a move to a Premier league club, he's young and hungry. It's a case of thanks and good luck, or just thanks if you'd prefer ;) Personally, given the way we play, once we shore up the back with some defensive acquistions, I'll still feel confident of goals from Kodja and Hogan, even Davis maybe, as we have a decent supply chain.

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If this is true then to me it shows the lack of class Wolves have as a board and club. I think had it been role reversal and us in the premiership and they where we are we wouldn't have gone for Tammy and stick two fingers up to a local team. Classless.

Errr... I hope we would do to be fair. Do what’s best for your own club, not others. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The problem is, and sorry in advance to all the abraham fan boys, I personally don't think he's good enough for the prem currently.

He's banging them in here which is good for his confidence and development, he's a very good championship level striker, but how will be feel and develop when he isn't scoring half as much in a prem team.

Who knows, he might score loads for wolves :), but I doubt it.

Abraham fan boys? Are we not all fans of the guy scoring loads for us?

And your view of him is pretty irrelevant. He will believe he is good enough for the prem and it's better for chelsea to see him against premier league teams. 

10 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Of course we would have, if we wanted him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That's madness. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Abraham fan boys? Are we not all fans of the guy scoring loads for us?

And your view of him is pretty irrelevant. He will believe he is good enough for the prem and it's better for chelsea to see him against premier league teams. 

Yes, the people who will not hear a remotely negative word said about him, regardless of the facts he's only human and has faults, like all people on this planet, the comment was mostly in jest.

Of course i am a fan of him scoring goals for us, what kind of comment is that?

I am not remotely against Tammy, he's a good players, i was just giving my opinion.

Additionally, this is a forum, where people have views and opinions, that was my view and/or opinion, as your comments are yours, which we are both allowed to have.

Saying someones view of a loan player is irrelevant because of his own personal views about himself, and his parent teams views about him, is rather strange tbh, and counter to the reason this forum exists i would have thought?

If we aren't allowed opinions of loan players according to you, due to them being irrelevant because tammy and his club might not agree with me, we may as well delete all the loan player topics.

Edited by MaVilla

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It really isn’t, though. We wouldn’t have afforded a player with the quality of Abraham at this level without being on loan. Wolves wouldn’t have been able to assemble as strong a squad as they did last season without loans. 

They’re a great way of utilising the talent pool (generally) to try and get promotion.

Totally disagree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You assume the aim is to sell him?

Do you not think chelsea want to develop him? Also Tammy will want to play in the prem so why would they stop that happening?

Yeah they will sell. It's Chelsea

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Totally disagree.

Which is fine - all three promoted sides last season utilised the loan market well. I’d rather do that than accumulate strikers on long contracts as we have done but, hey, each to their own. 

• Like 1

Â