Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Potential stepping stone to bigger things mate. The dingles will find out what it’s like to hit that celing that we used to repeatedly bang our heads on.

Maybe. But he hasn't exactly been electric in premier league. Be hilarous if he flops for them. I personally don't think he suits their style of play

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe. But he hasn't exactly been electric in premier league. Be hilarous if he flops for them. I personally don't think he suits their style of play

I don’t know if he will or he won’t be a success. But he HAS to believe in himself that he will be a success in the top flight. The only way to do that is by playing in it.

The dilemma facing Tammy is will he have other options in the summer. I think he would, but I doubt it would be a top six club. After that, it’s guesswork who would be the “best club” for him. Wolves are probably one of the higher placed clubs that would in for him. By which I mean in and around midtable, with a view to being a bit higher.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't complete bollocks.

I must have missed the bit where Chelsea agreed to sell him days ago and he's now a Wolves player...It was a done deal and he'd packed his bags on Wednesday if you believe the Sun.

Here we are a few days later and it looks like he might be going there on loan. I'd say it's fair to say the early reports of a done deal for £18m were bollocks.

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he is going too. His head has been swayed I think. 

I might be biased but I think its a pointless move. Wolves are not going to get in top 6 it will be mid table football. Smith and co have him in the form of his life. He could get a bigger move in the summer I feel.

It’s not a pointless move at all. Wolves have an outside chance of Europe maybe? Even if they haven’t, they are still a good team who have been holding their own against the big boys. Nuno is a good manager too. It’s premier league football for a good premier league side. That in itself could open doors in his career. A wolves type team is ideal for him at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah wolves bid Chelsea rejected the offer. But i have a feeling they may loan him to wolves now.

Was surprising why no other premier league club made a loan bid for him earlier 

Cardiff did in summer

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I must have missed the bit where Chelsea agreed to sell him days ago and he's now a Wolves player...It was a done deal and he'd packed his bags on Wednesday if you believe the Sun.

Here we are a few days later and it looks like he might be going there on loan. I'd say it's fair to say the early reports of a done deal for £18m were bollocks.

Could be a done deal pending clearance from FIFA.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont see how this is the clubs fault on this occasion

I weren’t referring to the Abraham situation, that can’t be helped. I just look at the last few years with money spent and bad decision after bad decision, and we are nowhere near what we should be. We are still so fragile and weak. Finances are all over the place, and the loan deals will bite us on the arse, as is proving with Abraham. So frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I weren’t referring to the Abraham situation, that can’t be helped. I just look at the last few years with money spent and bad decision after bad decision, and we are nowhere near what we should be. We are still so fragile and weak. Finances are all over the place, and the loan deals will bite us on the arse, as is proving with Abraham. So frustrating. 

Oh that I dont disagree with. shitshow

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It was actually BT Sport, I was watching. Their reporter at the ground said he had spoken to a “club official” and that there would be an announcement at HT. I agree it sounds odd but that’s the story the express ran.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1067679/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Chelsea-Tammy-Abraham/amp

Probably a steward. Spurs had a 25m + bid turned down in the summer so the price will be 30m +.

We have inflated his price , I would argue we are the best place for any loan players. We should charge them for the privilege. Dury still out on him for me anyway, as a premier League striker he's a gamble at 30m . Benteke for 12m or Tammy at 30m 

Edited by tinker

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he is going too. His head has been swayed I think. 

I might be biased but I think its a pointless move. Wolves are not going to get in top 6 it will be mid table football. Smith and co have him in the form of his life. He could get a bigger move in the summer I feel.

I think he may find himself on the bench at wolves quite often but that’s his choice - we’ve lost better players than Tammy and life will go on - rather lose him than Grealish 

Hatem Ben Arfa has been left in limbo after Nice were prevented by Fifa from registering him. The playmaker, a free agent after his release from Newcastle, joined the French club last Monday but had been awaiting international clearance.

The problem was due to a clause in Fifa’s transfer regulations which states a player cannot play for more than two clubs in the same season. Ben Arfa made eight appearances on loan at Hull – and an appearance for Newcastle’s under-21 side against Reading on 25 August has been ruled by Fifa to be an official match. Ben Arfa scored his side’s fourth goal in a 5-2 win.

Article 5.3 of Fifa’s regulations on the status and transfer of players states: “Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.”

A statement on Nice’s official website read: “OGC Nice have received a copy of a correspondence sent by Fifa to the FFF [French Football Federation]. The international federation responded to the question posed by the French federation regarding a match played by Hatem Ben Arfa with Newcastle under-21s.

“Contrary to the position of the English [Football Association], it appears that for Fifa the match in the U21 Professional Development League ‘must be considered as official in the sense of the regulation’ and ‘must therefore be taken into consideration in determining the application of article 5.3 of the regulation’ on the status and transfer of players.”

Nice’s statement came after a Fifa spokesperson told Press Association Sport: “Our services received an information request from the French Football Federation concerning the player Ben Arfa relating to art. 5 par. 3 of the regulations on the status and transfer of players.

“We can confirm that today we have responded to the FFF regarding their information request.”

The development leaves Ben Arfa, who has 13 France caps to his name, in limbo.

Hull pulled the plug on his loan deal after he fell out of favour with the manager, Steve Bruce, and a Newcastle statement on 4 January read: “Hatem Ben Arfa and the club have reached an agreement to terminate the contract between both parties with immediate effect by mutual consent.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/14/hatem-ben-arfa-limbo-clearance-fifa-nice-newcastle

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think he may find himself on the bench at wolves quite often but that’s his choice - we’ve lost better players than Tammy and life will go on - rather lose him than Grealish 

I think he will get plenty of game time at wolves. We’ve lost better players yes, but look where we have ended up. Losing him is as big a blow as losing Grealish. Infact it’s probably a bigger blow because he scores so many. At the end of the day, if we don’t go up this season, which is looking more doubtful we won’t  by the week, then Grealish will be gone too. No way will he stick it out another season down here. Then we will be in the shit. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â