Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Who signed them? RDM wasted 12m on McCormack and signed kodjia for was it 15m? Then bruce went and signed Hogan. Can i politely remind you this was under tony xia. We are now under new owners who seem to have created a structure and a manager who is proven to have obtained quality for cheap.

Look at norwich squad and Leeds? Not massively expensively assembled squads yet look at them to us?

I think we have relied too much on loans and I think we will see a new direction under smith and co. It will be hard bit not impossible in my opinion.

Your point about Xia is a fair one. Your point about how Smith has assembled squads in the past is also fair. But, you need to consider the fact that we are Aston Villa with very wealthy owners - not Brentford or Walsall! Consider that Smith has never had owners with money to spend big. He's previously managed clubs that are not necessarily well regarded for being promotion contenders or held with such high esteem within English football. 

When Aston Villa go wanting other clubs' players, you can guarantee the price of the player is going up. Unless of course it's Hibernian you're dealing with! 

Dean Smith may have a past history of buying players on the cheap and turning them into gems but that doesn't mean he wasn't interested in buying more expensive players. It doesn't matter how he did it in the past - the representatives trying to buy us players now come from Villa and I think that will make a difference when negotiating transfer fees. But, I would love it if we could have a major squad overall with £30m. 

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Your point about Xia is a fair one. Your point about how Smith has assembled squads in the past is also fair. But, you need to consider the fact that we are Aston Villa with very wealthy owners - not Brentford or Walsall! Consider that Smith has never had owners with money to spend big. He's previously managed clubs that are not necessarily well regarded for being promotion contenders or held with such high esteem within English football. 

When Aston Villa go wanting other clubs' players, you can guarantee the price of the player is going up. Unless of course it's Hibernian you're dealing with! 

Dean Smith may have a past history of buying players on the cheap and turning them into gems but that doesn't mean he wasn't interested in buying more expensive players. It doesn't matter how he did it in the past - the representatives trying to buy us players now come from Villa and I think that will make a difference when negotiating transfer fees. But, I would love it if we could have a major squad overall with £30m. 

Some good points there mate. I think obviously we are bigger than brentford but we are having to work with one hand tied behind our backs because of xias bad mistakes. I do believe a key reason they went for smith was for budget reasons.

I still maintain I don't see how we can be punished any worse than blose when we have at least tried to get our ffp down the last two years while they completely ignore the rules. I doubt they were get anything done maybe a 6 point points deduction at worst which won't effect them much.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I get your point that the mere fact that we’re Aston Villa will possibly attract a higher price when negotiating with clubs. However we must also consider the fact that we’re Aston Villa will be a huge pull to the players concerned. Which I’m sure we will exploit in our favour, so it’s probably swings and roundabouts. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I get your point that the mere fact that we’re Aston Villa will possibly attract a higher price when negotiating with clubs. However we must also consider the fact that we’re Aston Villa will be a huge pull to the players concerned. Which I’m sure we will exploit in our favour, so it’s probably swings and roundabouts. 

That's also a fair point, Dave! 

47 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I remember when Andy Gray left us, ironically to Wolves. I can only imagine the meltdown if we’d had the internet back then. He went on to win a League Cup winners medal, we replaced him with a journeyman striker called Peter someone, (more meltdown), for a third of the money we got for Gray. You all know the rest. 

This kind of thing happening again is more likely every day, isn't it?

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

This kind of thing happening again is more likely every day, isn't it?

Well I’d like to think that the chances of us building a team good enough to get promoted, after losing a player, who whilst on great form, we only had on loan for a few months, was at least as good as building a team that won the league and became Champions of Europe. 

At the time Andy Gray was a huge star who was established as one of the best strikers in the top division. Tammy will be missed, if he goes, but is hardly irreplaceable. 

If or When he does go..

I would look to move Kodja back to his natural position as a striker and not a winger and I would look at bringing in Ademolah Lookman on Loan from Everton until May.

- Whoever negociated Tammy's loan deal needs a swift kick to the jaw.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If or When he does go..

I would look to move Kodja back to his natural position as a striker and not a winger and I would look at bringing in Ademolah Lookman on Loan from Everton until May.

In fairness I think the only way of getting Tammy at all was to include the recall option as Chelsea held all the aces .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If or When he does go..

He looks good!

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

In fairness I think the only way of getting Tammy at all was to include the recall option as Chelsea held all the aces .

Not really. Was last days of transfer window and Premier League window was closed so loan move was only option 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don't understand why though. They have no plans for him, especially after signing 60m Perisic from Dortmund.

Yes I get all loans have recalls but they would be stupid to cash in now when they could get much more for Tammy come May.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have been watching him since Koeman was at Everton. He is another promising player and would tear this league apart like Tammy is doing.

Yes. In some of the matches he has made an apperance he's been quite brillant. I expected him to future a lot more this season actually 

As for Tammy. He's still here. If there was anything concrete something would have happend by now, surely ?

Â