Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

And last season Tammy scored how many for Swansea? 5 in 31. He's not our player and he's not worth 30m IMO.

Good luck to Tammy, I would rather have him than not but keeping him and leaving our own players on the bench affects our players and their values and their development so it's not all negatives if he leaves. 

Yeah, been keeping the prolific Hogan out of the team. Damm you Abraham.

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You know it’s not when you think about. Yes it is gutting but he is going back end of the season anyway regardless what league we are in. Grealish is ours so we would find him leaving more difficult I would say.

sadly I do think grealish is off in the summer but at least we will get a huge fee for him, and I think if w3 ge5 30m in we really can build a major squad at this level. We hav3 lost better players than grealish as well and soldiered on. It will be sad but I’m confident it’s going to not be as bad as we think provided we are allowed to spend what we get for grealish.

If you call soldiering on, becoming a midtable Championship team from a midtable premier League team, I'll pass thanks and carry on wishing we could keep our best players.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

And last season Tammy scored how many for Swansea? 5 in 31. He's not our player and he's not worth 30m IMO.

Good luck to Tammy, I would rather have him than not but keeping him and leaving our own players on the bench affects our players and their values and their development so it's not all negatives if he leaves. 

Not really sure of your point. As of pretty much now Tammy is banging in the goals - and Hogan looks some distance off doing that. What TA did in a different division last season matters very little. More significant surely is we lose a bang in form goalscorer right now. and right now Hogan doesn't look ready to step up. 

Its the shortcomings of loan players - but as of Jan 2019 TA leaving would on the face of it be one hell of a downgrade.

44 minutes ago, villarocker said:

No offence but, you really think we can build a major squad, for this level, with £30m? Can I remind you that our two (ineffective) main strikers today cost not too far short of that for those two alone! 

We will need more than Jack's transfer fee to build a good squad for this level. Remember, down here, we are rated like the Man City in the transfer market. Our proud history and club size goes before us and as soon as we're linked with a player the fee instantly grows. 

Who signed them? RDM wasted 12m on McCormack and signed kodjia for was it 15m? Then bruce went and signed Hogan. Can i politely remind you this was under tony xia. We are now under new owners who seem to have created a structure and a manager who is proven to have obtained quality for cheap.

Look at norwich squad and Leeds? Not massively expensively assembled squads yet look at them to us?

I think we have relied too much on loans and I think we will see a new direction under smith and co. It will be hard bit not impossible in my opinion.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If you call soldiering on, becoming a midtable Championship team from a midtable premier League team, I'll pass thanks and carry on wishing we could keep our best players.

You can carry on wishing but you got to brace yourself for the realistic possibility come the summer.

No point us burying our heads in the sand and hoping he stays if we are in the championship. I would say the chances of him staying if we don't go up are less than 20%

Meltdown aside can we just remember the below points...

a) Abraham hasn't confirmed he is leaving yet. 

b) He's not our player, we would be losing him at the end of the season anyway.

c) We still have Kodjia. Granted people don't think he's all that but in his first season he was immense for us. We now have a better squad playing a better style of football, Kodjia hasn't yet been the main striker in this team and I think he would benefit from it if he was given a chance. He has showed flashes of the player he once was whilst playing out of position on the wing.

Don't get me wrong losing Tammy would be a big loss for us as he's a fantastic player, but it's not the end of the world. We have other strikers and I'm sure the club have a plan in place (possibly Maupay). The key to our season is sorting out the defence and the midfield in Grealish's absence. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not really sure of your point. As of pretty much now Tammy is banging in the goals - and Hogan looks some distance off doing that. What TA did in a different division last season matters very little. More significant surely is we lose a bang in form goalscorer right now. and right now Hogan doesn't look ready to step up. 

Its the shortcomings of loan players - but as of Jan 2019 TA leaving would on the face of it be one hell of a downgrade.

My point is we have no control over loan players , if he goes it's not our decision and we don't get paid for it either. We have to look forward , we have to gain positives from whatever happens with Tammy. Yes it's bad but to wrap our tits in and act like he's the only player that counts to our great club is not going to help anyone but our opposition . Let's get Davies some game time , then if Tammy goes ( I don't even think he will tbh ) we know where we stand. 

Anyhow show me a goal Tammy has scored that Kodja couldn't given the chance? It's Tammy's work rate that stands out for me .

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve been saying for years, right back to the likes of Kyle Walker loaning players is a shit way to run a club. 

The way Bruce depended on them was an absolute joke.

Said pretty much the same a few pages back.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Meltdown aside can we just remember the below points...

a) Abraham hasn't confirmed he is leaving yet. 

b) He's not our player, we would be losing him at the end of the season anyway.

c) We still have Kodjia. Granted people don't think he's all that but in his first season he was immense for us. We now have a better squad playing a better style of football, Kodjia hasn't yet been the main striker in this team and I think he would benefit from it if he was given a chance. He has showed flashes of the player he once was whilst playing out of position on the wing.

Don't get me wrong losing Tammy would be a big loss for us as he's a fantastic player, but it's not the end of the world. We have other strikers and I'm sure the club have a plan in place (possibly Maupay). The key to our season is sorting out the defence and the midfield in Grealish's absence. 

I agree that the squad is better. But a better style of football? I admit the first few games under Smith the football was sublime bar a little weak at the back. But the last four or five games it’s gotten worse each week, the last couple in particular being absolutely dire. I can’t be the only one who thinks that it was maybe a little bit of a new manager bounce thats now over. I’m not saying that that’s definitely the case as it’s way too early to tell and he definitely deserves time. But it does make you wonder.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy81 said:

This could be true, but I don’t think it’s likely. While they’re an investment company and clearly looking to make money by owning Wolves, a company that makes tens of millions a day looking to make a few million in a risky field as trading footballers doesn’t seem likely to me. 

With regards to this transfer, I’m not personally too excited about it, if we were signing him permanently or it was a loan with a view to a buy it would make sense, but really, this move at the moment looks good for Abraham and Chelsea and not amazing for Wolves who won’t be going down and can’t play him in the cup. 

You should check out the football leaks scandal. There are emails from the wolves owners which allegedly state that the only way to make money as a football club owner is from third party ownership of players. The emails then allegedly outline a plan to own various clubs around the world and do this back door third party ownership on a large scale. That would return far more than the 'few million ' you suggest. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I must have missed the bit where Chelsea agreed to sell him days ago and he's now a Wolves player...It was a done deal and he'd packed his bags on Wednesday if you believe the Sun.

Here we are a few days later and it looks like he might be going there on loan. I'd say it's fair to say the early reports of a done deal for £18m were bollocks.

Wolves made a bid. That’s the bit that’s not bollocks. 

At the end of the day he's not our player, it's ultimately Chelsea's decision. But our board needs to back Smith with whatever he needs. We need improvements all over the pitch, especially in defence, urgently. If Abraham goes, no doubt we need better than Hogan and Kodjia. Our head coach has done well with an imblanced squad so I hope they back him.

PS The blame lies entirely with Bruce for our poor start to the campaign and for leaving our defence so threadbare. For a dinosaur, all out defensive coach it is almost criminal how he left us.

• Like 1

A loan move to Wolves?

That would suggest Chelsea view him not only as a financial asset but a playing one.

They want to see how well he performs at Premier League level.

I'm a bit surprised that he can be recalled so easily, just to move to another club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

A loan move to Wolves?

That would suggest Chelsea view him not only as a financial asset but a playing one.

They want to see how well he performs at Premier League level.

I'm a bit surprised that he can be recalled so easily, just to move to another club.

I was thinking it must have been a badly negotiated loan deal in the first place if this could happen, but then I think we did the same with Grabban last year.  It's one of those depressing things that comes with being a Championship club.

9 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

You should check out the football leaks scandal. There are emails from the wolves owners which allegedly state that the only way to make money as a football club owner is from third party ownership of players. The emails then allegedly outline a plan to own various clubs around the world and do this back door third party ownership on a large scale. That would return far more than the 'few million ' you suggest. 

You could be right. Time will tell I guess. 

Wolves apparently rejected a huge bid from Manchester City for Neves last summer, which would go against this suggestion however. 

At worst, that strategy requires Wolves to be doing better than average Championship team, so it’s an improvement over the last ten years either way. 

Â