Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I think with wingers it is always going to be hot and cold.  Only the very best in the world in that position are consistent. As long as you get one that can impact games with assists and goals then you are laughing. On the other side you need a winger who can put a shift going back towards goal as well. Safe to say El Ghazi has improved on that aspect of that game. The best thing he has going for him is that he is very quick with the ball and can cross with both feet. No matter what league you are in that is invaluable and makes it a nightmare to defend against. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thug said:

1 year ago it was 1.14, it’s now 1.13... I don’t think we’re gonna pay some lawyers £££ to save £90k.

As a lawyer who once nearly went for a job at Villa, I doubt that even the head of legal at Villa will be on £90k, so money well spent if lawyers can save that on a single transfer! But point taken, it hasn’t moved as much as I thought it had against the euro but equally I’d expect the club to take this kind of thing into account.

Back on topic, I think we’ve got to get him in for the figures being quoted. As everyone is saying, we have limited funds and need to sign something like 10 players. No brainer. 

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Totally agree with you here DDID.  Pace will always cause defenders issues and he appears to have this in abundance, plus a trick or two.    People will laugh at this, but he has shades of C.Ronaldo about him for me. I think it's the very straight/upright running style he has.  Imagine if we only have half the player of CR7 on our hands?  

Totally thought this too, but didn't mention it because people would laugh at me.

Simpsons Hahah GIF - Simpsons Hahah Nelson GIFs

So, I laugh at you.

• Haha 3

He is still young and has bags of potential. I think this would be a very smart signing for 6-7m.

Guardian reporting will be done in next twenty four hours. Am expecting him and hause to be announced together. 

Next stop after that Mings please. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He is still young and has bags of potential. I think this would be a very smart signing for 6-7m.

Guardian reporting will be done in next twenty four hours. Am expecting him and hause to be announced together. 

Next stop after that Mings please. 

Apparently it’s 8m.

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Based on?

Pin the tail on the donkey, apparently exactly how villa use to choose their signings pre mid 2018.

I heard wyness LOVED it.

Edited by MaVilla

Amazing how the fee for him has varied from ziltch to £8 million, depending on which bit of clickbait you landed on. I do recall seeing that Lille were going to release him at the end of the season, as he was out of contract. this was the "news" about six weeks ago.

• Like 1

the reports in the last couple of days was that lille had upped the figure to 8m, not sure how that's possible, surely you cant up an agreed figure in his contract? unless it was automatically upped by our promotion

lille got CL so I don't think its a given that he would want to join us, he might want to stay and fight for his place

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the reports in the last couple of days was that lille had upped the figure to 8m, not sure how that's possible, surely you cant up an agreed figure in his contract? unless it was automatically upped by our promotion

lille got CL so I don't think its a given that he would want to join us, he might want to stay and fight for his place

Could have been one fee before June and one after?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Amazing how the fee for him has varied from ziltch to £8 million, depending on which bit of clickbait you landed on. I do recall seeing that Lille were going to release him at the end of the season, as he was out of contract. this was the "news" about six weeks ago.

Yeah, it's almost as if people don't know and are making it up.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Opinion. I don't think we will play straight out fees because of ffp on case we go down. 

Wait until we spend 40m on a striker.

If I was you I wouldn’t wear socks for the next 2 months mate. 

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wait until we spend 40m on a striker.

If I was you I wouldn’t wear socks for the next 2 months mate. 

No chance we are spending 40m on one player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

No chance we are spending 40m on one player

that would be bad business too.

When we bought McGinn we spent £2.5mil and we got 3 players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Guarantee the price went up because we got promoted, or he reached a certain amount of games/goals. The initial 5 million was likely if we stayed in the championship. 

1 hour ago, eddiemunster said:

Well he's not out of contract and he was signed for €8m originally so £8m now would be good business.

Dutch News - Used Google Translate

Ajax sells El Ghazi to Lille

Sam de Voogt, January 31, 2017

The winger will transfer to the French club for an amount of allegedly eight million euros.

Both the clubs themselves and El Ghazi and Lille already agreed on the transfer, but the paperwork still had to be handled officially. El Ghazi, who made his debut for Ajax in youth from 2014, played a total of 100 official matches for the team from Amsterdam and scored 23 times. He signs a 4.5-year contract with Lille . He becomes the sixth Dutchman at the French club. Patrick Kluivert, among others, has played there before.

Continued at link above...

Edited by villa89

According to the Guradian it’s £8m and that is the fee agreed when he joined on loan.

Who cares anyway? We are football fans, not accountants (always excepting those who actually are accountants😁) and it’s great news that we have kept a really classy player who combines well with Grealish, McGinn et al.

I’m a big fan, as I may have mentioned once or twice. 

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

According to the Guradian it’s £8m and that is the fee agreed when he joined on loan.

Who cares anyway? We are football fans, not accountants (always excepting those who actually are accountants😁) and it’s great news that we have kept a really classy player who combines well with Grealish, McGinn et al.

I’m a big fan, as I may have mentioned once or twice. 

actually......i was.......

Â