Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On 07/05/2022 at 11:34, villanmac said:

Bloody hell, 170 pages on a player who's played 9 minuites. Villatalk eat your heart out.

They look like a good bunch on there.

Someone described him as a skinny Iwobi who can finish a pen, think that's pretty much nail on the head for me. 

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Someone described him as a skinny Iwobi who can finish a pen, think that's pretty much nail on the head for me. 

He's 6ft 2 and built like a brick proverbial.  He just plays 7 inches short his size.

His goals would make you think we should be able to get 6m for him but clearly we can't. Clubs aren't stupid anymore. Goals and penalty aside he can't do anything at this level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Someone on there has just told me that every player we've bought in the last year will need replacing in the next 1 - 2 years. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Someone on there has just told me that every player we've bought in the last year will need replacing in the next 1 - 2 years. 

Close but not quite

If they'd expanded it and detailed it they'd probably realise that we are in the process of replacing the players we bought post promotion or got promoted with 

Bailey for example replaces el ghazi / trez

We've already started 

7 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If you look at his expected assists, it's not too different to previous seasons. Just seems to be unluckier this season.

I was going to say probably says more about Burnley’s strikers than McNeils creativity. 

Edit: his chances created is 47. Only players we have that is higher is Mcginn and Digne.   McNeil is not worth 40m but he is a far better player than AEG.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

He needs to rebuild his career and profile… a real shame the Everton move was such a failure and waste of time. We needed to try and push through a sale earlier, particularly after his goalscoring run for us. His stock or value will never be higher than it was back then.

Maybe a loan back to Ajax or Eredivisie would be best for him… maybe even Championship. Would like him to do well for someone… he was the main player who showed up in that POF, whereas our “star man” was fairly anonymous (much better against Fulham). Will always have that memory to look back on but sadly never reached that height/form ever again…

He’s definitely got talent but seems such a delicate character and is the pure definition of a confidence player. So often so poor in build up play for us which was always a major frustration. 

He’s just not good enough beyond a lower end PL team…

His value will have plummeted now… the right loan move could repair that damage…

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sending him on loan to a team that sacked the manager 3 days later was definitely not a bright decision from someboy at the club. It seemed well known Rafa wasnt going to last much longer at Everton

Killed any chance of getting a good transfer fee after the season he had previously

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It seemed well known Rafa wasnt going to last much longer at Everton

Did it? It felt to me like the fact that they were letting Rafa sign players meant he was staying. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sending him on loan to a team that sacked the manager 3 days later was definitely not a bright decision from someboy at the club. It seemed well known Rafa wasnt going to last much longer at Everton

Killed any chance of getting a good transfer fee after the season he had previously

So not making our squad for 5 months would have improved our chances of getting a good transfer fee?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Did it? It felt to me like the fact that they were letting Rafa sign players meant he was staying. 

They had 6 points from 33 and were slumping into the relegation battle which they did for the rest of the season

On 12/06/2022 at 01:57, bannedfromHandV said:

Going on loan (or better, permanently) to forest might be a good move for him, if they were interested of course 

Think it would be a mistake for them. He’s not up for a relegation battle. 

I reckon he’ll end up returning to the Dutch league.

El Ghazi was always going to struggle to get into their team regardless of whether Benitez was staying or not, it was a strange loan to begin with...

On 13/01/2022 at 17:42, useless said:

He will be doing well to get game time, two of their best players in Gray and Richarlison are wingers/wide forwards, they also have Townsend who has done better than expected, and Gordon who's their current hopeful from the academy and has apparently been doing well, as well as Iwobi.

Winger/ wide forwards was the one position where they weren't short of numbers.

Have a feeling there's probably more to the deal than we realise, maybe an agent promised him if he goes there then will sort him something out in the summer, or something along those lines.

• Like 1

Â