Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well he did have an argument with Mings and Grealish that one game when he went down “injured”

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not like he started it. Mings got right into his face after dragging him up iirc. 

Yeah, such contretemps could seal an exit. Bad blood with Mings esp. would really mess things up. Maybe Gerrard just feels Mings is too big to piss off at the moment until another CB gets bedded in?

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not like he started it. Mings got right into his face after dragging him up iirc. 

Might have been the same game but two different incidents.

Him and Mings had a spat in our own box whereas the ‘injury’ he picked up was on the touch line - I remember that because McGinn and someone else were encouraging El Ghazi to get off the pitch so they could continue playing.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2022 at 22:39, Tom13 said:

It's not just consistency he lacks, it's confidence and tenacity. But yeah, certainly has ability.

He certainly lacks that.....He is a testimonial player, always looks half soaked to me.

On 11/06/2022 at 11:22, rodders0223 said:

He's 6ft 2 and built like a brick proverbial.  He just plays 7 inches short his size.

His goals would make you think we should be able to get 6m for him but clearly we can't. Clubs aren't stupid anymore. Goals and penalty aside he can't do anything at this level.

one way of putting it.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Might have been the same game but two different incidents.

Him and Mings had a spat in our own box whereas the ‘injury’ he picked up was on the touch line - I remember that because McGinn and someone else were encouraging El Ghazi to get off the pitch so they could continue playing.

Two different games from two years ago, what a strange theory that those incidents have ‘sealed his exit’ I appreciate not your theory

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Possible - he was holidaying in the Netherlands and Dubai last month so who knows

Mufti Menk the influential Islamic scholar he follows was very pro vaccine so I'd say he was. It is probably most likely that he is awaiting a move away and being in Ai#ustralia wouldn't be good idea.

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yeah, such contretemps could seal an exit. Bad blood with Mings esp. would really mess things up. Maybe Gerrard just feels Mings is too big to piss off at the moment until another CB gets bedded in?

Mings was the player to come out and defend him from stupid online abuse he received from Villa 'fans' a few seasons back 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mole86 said:

Two different games from two years ago, what a strange theory that those incidents have ‘sealed his exit’ I appreciate not your theory

Yeah not my theory though to be honest I do think it’s indicative of the underlying issue as to why El Ghazi hasn’t kicked on here.

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mings was the player to come out and defend him from stupid online abuse he received from Villa 'fans' a few seasons back 

23 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah not my theory though to be honest I do think it’s indicative of the underlying issue as to why El Ghazi hasn’t kicked on here.

Thanks for sharing these subtle perspectives. I know it's tempting for me to think of these things simplistically, and I feel persuaded by a more 360° view.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

ironically, probably the best striker of the ball in the squad......sadly its not about, one attribute......quite a few are required at this level.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

He certainly lacks that.....He is a testimonial player, always looks half soaked to me.

Sorry, missed these posts. Interesting. Help me out: What's a "testimonial players?" What makes you say "half-soaked?" Just curious where you see that. 

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

El Ghazi seems to be the exception to the Villa Talk "Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder" valuation rule.   The guy scored double figures in the PL a couple of seasons ago and it's not like he just stood around in the box waiting for tap-ins.   He didn't do that by being a crap player.   He frustrated at times and had a few entire games where he just wasn't at it, like a lot of our players.  He's not good enough for where we want to be and should be sold or loaned, but he's not remotely the awful player some on here are making him out to be.

Too much sense in this post!

He has had a tough season and most of it not his fault. I am surprised a promoted PL team hasnt come in for him. 

I honesty don't think he fits our current squad though so a move seems inevitable.

Re: not flying to Australia, post above notes his missus is very pregnant. So he probably wants  to be with her for the birth of their child.

30 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

El Ghazi seems to be the exception to the Villa Talk "Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder" valuation rule.   The guy scored double figures in the PL a couple of seasons ago and it's not like he just stood around in the box waiting for tap-ins.   He didn't do that by being a crap player.   He frustrated at times and had a few entire games where he just wasn't at it, like a lot of our players.  He's not good enough for where we want to be and should be sold or loaned, but he's not remotely the awful player some on here are making him out to be.

Thanks. Good thoughts. "He's not good enough" is quite a statement ... but ... but ... but ... I do feel like I myself -- and I really just mean that, and not suggesting others do this -- kind of go along with that out of some kind of vague groupthink, tbh. Would be helpful if I understood better how he doesn't fit a system we haven't really formed yet, unless I'm missing something. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Â