Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He's good if he feels wanted, and the fans don't mind him spanning a few shots into the stands cutting in.

Always liked Anwar and feel he has always been a bit undervalued here :(  

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Like him as a player, and hope he gets a decent move if he's not in Gerrard's plans. 

Gave me some of the better Villa memories post 2011-16 omnishambles. 

You don't play for Ajax, Lille and the Dutch national side if you don't have something about you. 

He can do better than Forest or Norwich. 

• Like 1

He's got ability. He doesn't have consistency. He never quite reached the heights I expected him too and I think he'll need to get his next move right or his career is ending on a bum note.

I'm not sure staying in England is a good idea for him.  Back on the continent is the right move for my money. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He's got ability. He doesn't have consistency. He never quite reached the heights I expected him too and I think he'll need to get his next move right or his career is ending on a bum note.

I'm not sure staying in England is a good idea for him.  Back on the continent is the right move for my money. 

It's not just consistency he lacks, it's confidence and tenacity. But yeah, certainly has ability.

Edited by Tom13

20 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's not just consistency he lacks, it's confidence and tenacity. But yeah, certainly has ability.

I think the confidence and tenacity are the cause of the lack of consistency.

He appears to lose confidence in beating his man, and doesn’t appear to be up for a gruelling battle against a dirty full back... which means he doesn't consistently perform at his best.  I just badged them under the main term that is factual (lack of consistency) rather than the other two which seem apparent, but may not actually be true, and ultimately have the same outcome...lack of consistency.

35 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think the confidence and tenacity are the cause of the lack of consistency.

He appears to lose confidence in beating his man, and doesn’t appear to be up for a gruelling battle against a dirty full back... which means he doesn't consistently perform at his best.  I just badged them under the main term that is factual (lack of consistency) rather than the other two which seem apparent, but may not actually be true, and ultimately have the same outcome...lack of consistency.

It's the pressure he struggles to handle as well. It's why whenever he got a run in the team he'd struggle. The amount of times he'd do a panicked pass to the opposition in an uncomfortable situation was ridiculous. Next attack, he'd do something quality.

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's the pressure he struggles to handle as well. It's why whenever he got a run in the team he'd struggle. The amount of times he'd do a panicked pass to the opposition in an uncomfortable situation was ridiculous. Next attack, he'd do something quality.

Have you seen this guy take a penalty :P  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He's the kind of player that if he was Danish or Columbian (or that level of national team) you could see him popping up in a major tournament and bagging some goals and assists, and looking like a star. If everything lines up he's got talent.

The problem is he's streakier than Poundland bacon.

He's decent enough, just not for top half in the Prem, maybe based on mentality not bottom either - but as many have said a move to the continent would be more suited to his style of play.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

He's the kind of player that if he was Danish or Columbian (or that level of national team) you could see him popping up in a major tournament and bagging some goals and assists, and looking like a star. If everything lines up he's got talent.

The problem is he's streakier than Poundland bacon.

He's decent enough, just not for top half in the Prem, maybe based on mentality not bottom either - but as many have said a move to the continent would be more suited to his style of play.

errrrmmm, you do know that Denmark rank among top 10 in the world, only 2 places below Holland, so I guess if you thin hecan do it for denmark, he might as well do it for Holland 

Â