Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Will really struggle to get any game time at Everton now. It was a poor decision to loan him to a club where he won't play.

Maybe, maybe not. I think we just wanted rid. You’re right about game time but at least his wages are off the books. Maybe nobody else came in and offered to pay them? 

He’ll be gone again in the Summer.

41 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Will really struggle to get any game time at Everton now. It was a poor decision to loan him to a club where he won't play.

Why? Because they signed Ali or because they sacked the manager? 

they play different positions 

Also not a clue how you criticise villa for not knowing they'd sign someone else 2 weeks later

El Ghazi was going to struggle to get into their side begin with, when he joined they already had Richarlison their best player, Gordon their big hope from the academy, Gray who's been one of their best players this season, and Townsend who has done better for them than was expected, they've also got Iwobi.

Alli will probably make it even more difficult for him to get into the side, because if they play 433 or a variation on it then he will probably play as one of the front three, I'm pretty sure that they're not going to play both Alli and van der Beek as part of the midfield three.

In some ways this loan makes less sense than Targett to Newcastle, at least Targett is pretty much guaranteed game time which in theory should help us get transfer fee for him in the summer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why? Because they signed Ali or because they sacked the manager? 

they play different positions 

Also not a clue how you criticise villa for not knowing they'd sign someone else 2 weeks later

Loaning him to Everton at all. They've plenty of wide players. Should have found him a club abroad or somewhere he would definitely play. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

He's on pennies really. His transfer fee in summer is what was the most important. So playing this season trump's how much of his small wages we get covered

Still not enough grounds to assume the worst and criticise the club imo 

No real indicator this other club who would play him every week were ever interested or put an offer in  

We don't want / need him so got rid of him, everton could be the only chance we had 

Feel sorry for him. Been stitched up.

Maybe Lampard will remember him from Wembley in May 2019 and give him some playing time.

We did very well to mug someone into paying some of his wages.

Edited by Tomaszk

10 minutes ago, Dale said:

The amount of disrespect on this forum. He banged in ten goals in this league last year. Only Watkins with more since promotion. He's worth something, I'm just pissed that we didn't manage to rinse Everton for £35M given they just spent mad money on a declining Dele. 

I wouldn't let it bother you 90% of this team gets disrespect from this forum and will be 'gone in the summer' not sure why most on here bother supporting the club if they think the players are such a shower of sh*t

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Loaning him to Everton at all. They've plenty of wide players. Should have found him a club abroad or somewhere he would definitely play. 

He’s not a young player that we’re looking to develop.  He’s served his purpose for us, and I don’t think he’ll be playing for us again with the new recruits and the young players we have coming through.  We don’t need to find him game time, we just need the best financial package we can get for an asset we won’t be using.  The highest bidder can take that asset.  Game time is not our concern.  You could say that by him not playing will be devaluing any potential fee.  But:

1) the transfer fee will devalue whether he isn’t playing here or there

2) At least if he’s there we would have had some compensation in the form of a loan fee and also with someone else paying his wages.

The other thing to remember is that we don’t get to choose where he goes.  A team needs to want him, be able to afford him, and he needs to want to go there.

Probably only Everton ticked all the boxes

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dale said:

The amount of disrespect on this forum. He banged in ten goals in this league last year. Only Watkins with more since promotion. He's worth something, I'm just pissed that we didn't manage to rinse Everton for £35M given they just spent mad money on a declining Dele. 

I think we could get 7m or so for him but obviously not. He's clearly not worth something because nobody is willing to pay and there are some desperate clubs out there atm. 

Again like Trez, thanks for the goals and the memories but they are poor poor footballers in most aspects.

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Shaping up to be a total waste of time going to Everton.

Will he get any game time at all? 

Nope. The system BBC shows is 3 4 2 1 so I can't see him working in that system at all. It'll cost us in summer sadly

Always liked El Ghazi really thought he would take that step to be a solid PL player, however for the flashes of quality in his game he’s always lacked the consistency to be in the game all the time.

Think a relegated team or team wanting promotion from the Championship will pick him up in the summer.

• 3 weeks later...
Â