Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Gerrard saying the squads bloated and then need players out the door. Those players have been spoken to. You would imagine guilbert, el ghazi, hause, JPB, and possibly traore are those that gerrard is alluding to

So sell before we buy.  Can't see many takers for the above players tbh.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

So sell before we buy.  Can't see many takers for the above players tbh.

I find it unreal a championship club hasnt come in for AEG. He is very good at that level.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I find it unreal a championship club hasnt come in for AEG. He is very good at that level.

It's probably money. We were a big club in the championship. I don't see an equivalent sized club there right now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Isnt he on 40k a week. Nobody paying that outside Premier League

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt he on 40k a week. Nobody paying that outside Premier League

Is that how much he is on? Mad. Even if we can a championship club to pay half it helps. I thought deano might have looked at him as he knows what he can do in the championship 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Is that how much he is on? Mad. Even if we can a championship club to pay half it helps. I thought deano might have looked at him as he knows what he can do in the championship 

We signed him permanently as a Premier League player

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

And he (El Ghazi) likely got a promotion pay hike. So will be use

Tbf he deserved it at the time. We have a lot to thank him for if thats the case.

I still think though AEG is the best pen taker we have so will be useful in the cups

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbf he deserved it at the time. We have a lot to thank him for if thats the case.

I still think though AEG is the best pen taker we have so will be useful in the cups

Yeah I quite like him. Not good enough for where we want to be but been important for the journey we've made.

Seem to both have ice in his veins with pens but also very much be a confidence player on the pitch.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Playing against Middlesborough tonight with the reserves 

17 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

On the score sheet and has an assist so far, second half just kicking off.

Anwar El Goalzie is back.

he hasnt played well at all.

Apart from his physical size, he doesnt look out of place with the u21 players, in fact he's technically worse than easily half of the players out there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

he hasnt played well at all.

Apart from his physical size, he doesnt look out of place with the u21 players, in fact he's technically worse than easily half of the players out there.

Can cope with attacking players being poor but scoring and assisting 🤷

Wild how Villa have managed to make a ten goal PL winger worthless through not selling or using him then loaning him to a club in an utter mess

• Like 1

Just now, Dale said:

Wild how Villa have managed to make a ten goal PL winger worthless through not selling or using him then loaning him to a club in an utter mess

its cus he's rubbish.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

its cus he's rubbish.

Tbh. He's a lot better than any number of players that have commanded £10M+ fees in the last few years. 

And he really isn't. Some of his one touch work is very good, he knows where the goal is and evidently has very good movement. During Gerrard's new manager bounce, he created the space for the Ollie's goal against Brighton... It was a disappointment he didn't make the final Dutch Euros squad given the form. He's a confidence player, and when confident can be brilliant. 

Edited by Dale

Â