Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Ball was perfect. Unless of course the defenders magically disappeared. Anything less then the guy next to Davis cuts it out. Samatta scores.

However he is one of The problems with our team. In the first half we had a very good press on our left side McGinn was telling AEG to move forward to cut out their left but AEG Continued to ball watch and they were able to get out. This resulted in a little argument between the two.  Had AEG moved forward then I think we could have got a positive situation for ourselves. This happened more than once. 

Edited by Sulberto21

Just been watching a nice little slo-mo of the first half penalty claim involving El Ghazi (am I allowed to mention a Twitter account on here? Someone called Beard Of The Match). Absolute stonewall pen. The challenge is so clumsy, their man actually manages to connect with El Ghazi’s right calf, then right thigh, then right hip – all while getting nowhere near the ball. Zero interest from the ref, VAR or Sky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/06/2020 at 23:29, thabucks said:

I do think he has that quality, that lil something extra to be an important player for us on his day  .... He is consistent,  just the wrong type of consistency though sadly and 🤞🏻 & I still have faith he can/will turn it around and come good in these (poss) career defining next 9 games. 

On his day.....29th Feb.

23 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Just been watching a nice little slo-mo of the first half penalty claim involving El Ghazi (am I allowed to mention a Twitter account on here? Someone called Beard Of The Match). Absolute stonewall pen. The challenge is so clumsy, their man actually manages to connect with El Ghazi’s right calf, then right thigh, then right hip – all while getting nowhere near the ball. Zero interest from the ref, VAR or Sky.

I watched with a mate who doesn’t support Villa, and he couldn’t believe it. Stonewall pen, no doubt about it. Think they got away with it because it was *so* clumsy and *so* late that it didn’t really affect the play.

In the end, though, completely cancelled out by the phantom goal, so never mind.

• Like 1

Pathetic excuse for a winger. Don’t want him anywhere near our team regardless of the division we’re in next season. 

I thought he was useless last season and has been woeful for us in the premier league. He’s a training ground player. A fancy dan. He’s the furthest thing from what we need right now. 

Should not be starting for us. Should not even be considered for a position in the squad such is his lack of application on the pitch. 

F*** off.

He’s bloody frustrating, when he’s playing like this needs to be out the team but that only leaves trezeguet to replace him who is worse, one to get rid of in the summer can see why Ajax and Lille got rid of him 

He played in a peach of a ball twice today that Tammy would have finished last season. That is the main difference between this season and last. El Ghazi is still very much a player that does nothing all match, but pops up with a few great chances each match, but we have no one finishing those chances this season. 

18 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He played in a peach of a ball twice today that Tammy would have finished last season. That is the main difference between this season and last. El Ghazi is still very much a player that does nothing all match, but pops up with a few great chances each match, but we have no one finishing those chances this season. 

I agree. He is capable of a flash of brilliance but he just does not do enough of the basics right. I still think there is hope there though. He is one that would benefit from being in a better side I think.

• Like 1

Comes up with some quality moments....

... but they are dispersed between large amounts of mediocrity.

I thought his touch completely deserted him yesterday. It doesn't matter who your opposition is: The ball is always the same shape. I think he'd lost the mental battle before a ball was kicked.

• Like 1

Could have really made the difference in the Sheff and Newcastle game. Decided to mope about with his furrowed brow. Summed up against Southampton when he went off with a grazed cheek.

You can go mate. It is clear as day. Go back to Holland and be a flat track bully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Could have really made the difference in the Sheff and Newcastle game. Decided to mope about with his furrowed brow. Summed up against Southampton when he went off with a grazed cheek.

You can go mate. It is clear as day. Go back to Holland and be a flat track bully.

Totally with you on this. I don’t buy into the potential as much as some but there is *some* ability there (unlike Trezeguet). His attitude stinks and he just doesn’t have the mindset or the competitive edge to cut it in English football. 

He’s a training ground player and couldn’t be further from what we need at this moment in time.

Get rid. 

• Like 1

Â