Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Think he's good at coming off the bench and providing an injection of pace. had a moment today — similar to his first goal against Everton — where grealish played him in. 

.. which he promptly did sweet **** all with. Completely wasted the opportunity against tired legs. I do like El Ghazi but he's another in a long line of inconsistent players we have fielded.

I think he, with one or two others, are players that Smith feel have let us down this season. He should have come on more and the only thing going in his favour is his age. I'd keep him for the Championship where he can stretch teams and even shoot more; but if we were to stay up i'd be less inclined to keep him.

1 hour ago, peterw said:

I think he, with one or two others, are players that Smith feel have let us down this season. He should have come on more and the only thing going in his favour is his age. I'd keep him for the Championship where he can stretch teams and even shoot more; but if we were to stay up i'd be less inclined to keep him.

He was good last season with us down at that level and I am sure he would be again.

I think he may improve with the PL experience he has gained and may be interesting to see what he is made of in this league under a better Head Coach?

1 hour ago, peterw said:

If we stay up ElGhazi becomes backup. I don’t think the lad has any sort of stomach for a fight whatsoever. A shame because he undoubtedly has technical ability. 

• Like 1

I agree with both points above. it looks like he has lost a lot of belief and very rarely runs at players. Which is why I'd keep Trezeguet ahead of him if we did stay up because we clearly not some pace in the team and definitely out wide. He was never shit off a shovel fast in the Championship but at least he stretch his, and the opposition defender's legs.

I thought his best games this season were when he filled in up front and that just makes me think he’s more a ‘forward’ (not a striker of course) than a winger. I still think there’s plenty of potential there but he’s been way below par since Christmas.

26 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Gutless. Take a look at Benrahma, and see what we could have had. Move him out ASAP.

I personally think Benrahma will be great in the Premier League and wish we had signed him but we still have to see how he copes with that step up. Be interesting to see how he does if Brentford come up or if (I assume) someone snaps him up.

Very inconsistent.  I think it might time for both parties to go their seperate ways come the summer.  

I will wish him well his goal helped bring us  up at Wembley. No hard feelings from me.

On 21/06/2020 at 20:43, Delphinho123 said:

Pathetic excuse for a winger. Don’t want him anywhere near our team regardless of the division we’re in next season. 

I thought he was useless last season and has been woeful for us in the premier league. He’s a training ground player. A fancy dan. He’s the furthest thing from what we need right now. 

Should not be starting for us. Should not even be considered for a position in the squad such is his lack of application on the pitch. 

F*** off.

Lacks the necessary level of aggression, to make it work.....far too inconsistent and sulky.....doesn't work his full back enough.

he was excellent at the tail end of last season so he got his contract on the back of that. I wouldn't be too critical because of his age and it may have been a tougher step up than he thought. he needs a good pre-season behind him, and if we go down which is likely he needs to be reminded that he may have just lost his big chance. Ultimately its down to him, but similarly this is where the coaching staff need to know how to get the best out of him - it's not always about ability as man management is a massive part of any successful coaches armoury.

16 hours ago, TRO said:

Lacks the necessary level of aggression, to make it work.....far too inconsistent and sulky.....doesn't work his full back enough.

Agree- Andy Robertson was on a yellow early doors, can't remember in the whole game him asking him any questions

• Like 1

Â