Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Last 2 games I saw him he played well. Was menacing 1st half vs Spurs and had a good game in the cup final

Totally agree, that Spurs game he was great. And he’s still only 24, so room to grow and built consistency in to his game I hope.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Totally agree, that Spurs game he was great. And he’s still only 24, so room to grow and built consistency in to his game I hope.

I think Mahrez struggled his 1st season in Premier League as well from promotion and playing wide is not the easiest role

Apart from a few flashes of good play here and there Adama Traore was poor for Wolves last season, only provided one goal and one assist in the league, most of their fans thought he was a waste of money.

When he's switched on he's great, he needs to work on the mental part of his game and learn to tap into the state he's in when he feels he has something to prove on the pitch. Too often he surrenders and give up, consciously or not,  as a result his performance suffers.

Still annoyed at him for having ago at Mings on his defensive blunder and still can visualise Mings telling Ghazi to get up because he was sat on the sideline wasting time and then walked off as slowly as he could looking totally fed up as if he were done playing in a villa shirt.

Ghazi only ever seems to be the good Ghazi when its all smooth sailing and the games going in the right direction. If the works to much Ghazi doesnt seem to want to try be the hero or the guy that steps up this season.

Ghazi has to step it up or Smith needs to just drop him for a while, plenty of Youths willing to take his spot.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Mahrez struggled his 1st season in Premier League as well from promotion and playing wide is not the easiest role

Mahrez did struggle to adapt to English footballs as so many overseas players do. He was not very interested in the defensive side of the game and needed a dedicated defender behind him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Mahrez did struggle to adapt to English footballs as so many overseas players do. He was not very interested in the defensive side of the game and needed a dedicated defender behind him.

El Ghazi best work last season was with Taylor behind him. I think Mahrez has more to his game overall but could be something look at

He is what he is. Sometimes good sometimes maybe shit. He isnt going to find that consistency at this level I think. In the event we stay up or go down I can see him moving on.

Just looks like a flat track bully kind of guy not up for the fight of another PL season  

9 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Maybe he doesn’t like the cold? Seriously I hate the cold too, so could understand if that was the case.

I really like him, and when he’s good, he’s really good. He is inconsistent though, but if he wasn’t and was that good all the time, then we couldn’t have afforded him and he wouldn’t have come to us in the Championship.

But if we are to move forward, we have to instill this crucial consistency in to their game.

otherwise we will be treading water, for some time.

We have to break out of the status quo.

Before Ron Saunders took over from Vic Crowe, we had many seasons of mediocrity and failure under a range of managers.....Rons only objective was to change that trend by doing more right things than wrong....He had a vision and went for it.....he instilled many disciplines in what was mainly journeymen buys.....consistency was one of them.

It doesn't come gift wrapped, unless we pay through the nose for new players, so it has to be developed at BMH.....it requires hard work and dedication, it requires going the extra mile and not being satisfied with the last performance, it requires adding  things to your game that disrupts the opposition, it requires a will to win, that rejects defeat and defies being out fought......in short, its hardwork.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Still annoyed at him for having ago at Mings on his defensive blunder and still can visualise Mings telling Ghazi to get up because he was sat on the sideline wasting time and then walked off as slowly as he could looking totally fed up as if he were done playing in a villa shirt.

Ghazi only ever seems to be the good Ghazi when its all smooth sailing and the games going in the right direction. If the works to much Ghazi doesnt seem to want to try be the hero or the guy that steps up this season.

Ghazi has to step it up or Smith needs to just drop him for a while, plenty of Youths willing to take his spot.

Sadly, Dave, we have too few, you would be proud to be next to, in the trenches......this has to be reversed.

He is one of them......He is built like a brick outhouse and should put the fear of god in to defenders, he is actually a pussy, who is so easily put off.....he should be imposing himself far better than he does.

He has talent, but as I have said many, times talent without application is us( in general)

I would be delighted if he forced me to change my opinion.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

There is many ways of looking at this Dave.....One is, the captain should be doing that work.....the second is the manager should be straight in the dressing room at telling them that and telling them that kind of behaviour stimulates the opposition.

He had an opportunity to make his mark on the team and let them know his standards, instead, he chose to talk to the press......He said they sorted out themselves.

Sorry Dave, I'm talking about the foreheadgate....wrong incident.....couldn't be bothered to delete it.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, useless said:

A story going around that Mendes (El Ghazi's agent) is already working on finding him a new club in the event that we're relegated.

There is probably a list in such circumstances.....I'd like to bet Albion will be telling them they will not have to move house or school for the kids ( post Covid)

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Last 2 games I saw him he played well. Was menacing 1st half vs Spurs and had a good game in the cup final

United away before he got injured, absolutely terrorized that young lad Williams. Always seems to be some little injury that disrupts his form.

• Like 2

El Ghazi is player that people were expecting to stay even if we're relegated, if his agent is already trying to find him a new club before this season is over then that suggests that that is not the case. And it's only his agent's job to find him a new club if he's been instructed to by El Ghazi.

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

Is this one of those things like happens a lot these days where there's no evidence, but people believe it anyway?

I think theres been plenty of bull bullcrap from Ghazi to suggest hes looking for a way out. If by any chance he is he can get lost now for all I care. I'd rather us lose 10 nill in a game than have one player on our team who is always looking for excuses not to play. The way he goes off at times with these injury's then he's back fine again following match, it all suggests to me we have a player who is expecting everything laid at his feet and if that doesnt work, he doesnt want to put the time in to make it work.

Anyone would think Ghazi is royalty, maybe he should hook up with the prince in the stands.

I used to have a go at Kodjia for looking uninterested, yet Ghazi  this season has topped Kodjia's cant be arsed attitude at times, least Kodjia stayed on the pitch. Crazy thing is I honestly thought we had got rid of certain behaviours but in alot of ways as TRO mentions, Smith maybe inviting this type of behaviour in because he fails to shut it down or deal with it in a way that results in a player knowing there place, is Smith to soft???

• Like 1

I think theres been plenty of bull bullcrap from Ghazi to suggest hes looking for a way out. If by any chance he is he can get lost now for all I care. I'd rather us lose 10 nill in a game than have one player on our team who is always looking for excuses not to play. The way he goes off at times with these injury's then he's back fine again following match, it all suggests to me we have a player who is expecting everything laid at his feet and if that doesnt work, he doesnt want to put the time in to make it work.

Anyone would think Ghazi is royalty, maybe he should hook up with the prince in the stands.

I used to have a go at Kodjia for looking uninterested, yet Ghazi  this season has topped Kodjia's cant be arsed attitude at times, least Kodjia stayed on the pitch. Crazy thing is I honestly thought we had got rid of certain behaviours but in alot of ways as TRO mentions, Smith maybe inviting this type of behaviour in because he fails to shut it down or deal with it in a way that results in a player knowing there place, is Smith to soft???

So that's a no then! Another problem in the world—making conclusions not from actual facts but from a bias you've gone on to confirm yourself with your own thoughts.

'The way he goes off at times'—there's been one controversial example where he might well have been actually injured.

He's done a lot for us over the previous two seasons. True, he hasn't been as effective this year, but he's playing in one of the toughest leagues in the world in an incredibly average team, and he's no world beater himself. He doesn't deserve the detectable tone of vitriol in your post, especially as it's literally all based on an incredibly subjective interpretation of events.

Edited by Rolta

Â