Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Anyone read his article in the Sunday mirror. He's itching to play again

There is an article in the Sunday Express, imagine it is similar, saying the same thing.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is an article in the Sunday Express, imagine it is similar, saying the same thing.

is there one about Luic Nils. He went through years of depression after that injury at Ipswich ended his career. Nearly had his leg amputated. 

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

is there one about Luic Nils. He went through years of depression after that injury at Ipswich ended his career. Nearly had his leg amputated. 

yes.

The 3 leg breaks that depressed me the most was Luc's, Sids and Alex Cropley's.

It took Luc 5years to get over it properly, what a player he could have been, even though he was 33

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TRO said:

yes.

The 3 leg breaks that depressed me the most was Luc's, Sids and Alex Cropley's.

It took Luc 5years to get over it properly, what a player he could have been, even though he was 33

Could hear Cropley's break all round the stadium 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Could hear Cropley's break all round the stadium 

Certainly audible in the Trinity Rd stand. Awful tackle by Ally Brown, that was probably the start of my dislike for Sandwell Town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

Certainly audible in the Trinity Rd stand. Awful tackle by Ally Brown, that was probably the start of my dislike for Sandwell Town.

yes I was in the trinity road too

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

That '77 side was something.

Off topic but Keith Leonard was another who could’ve gone on to be a big star for us had it not been for injuries. The days of Gray, Little and Deehan as our strike force👍👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I honestly think they were better than the side that won the league

Going forward, probably yes......the league winners were better defensively.

If the 77 team had of had Rimmer, i think they could have won it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was watching one of the commentary videos McGinn was doing with Neil Taylor and they were joking a few times that El Ghazi was a better player when the spring arrived. 

His form last year started improving around April as well so could be something to look out for

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was watching one of the commentary videos McGinn was doing with Neil Taylor and they were joking a few times that El Ghazi was a better player when the spring arrived. 

His form last year started improving around April as well so could be something to look out for

Maybe he doesn’t like the cold? Seriously I hate the cold too, so could understand if that was the case.

I really like him, and when he’s good, he’s really good. He is inconsistent though, but if he wasn’t and was that good all the time, then we couldn’t have afforded him and he wouldn’t have come to us in the Championship.

Â