Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He needs to be surrounded by competent players. If you put him in say the everton side he could very well have 6+ goals and assists at this point in the season. We have squandered 3 great chances created by el ghazi in the last 3 games that isn't his fault. We should have won 2 of those games and they would have been decided by an el ghazi cross into the box. At this point he is necessary for us to play. Next season he will hopefully be a our backup winger but until then he remains our probably 4th most important player until the end of the season. 

I think people on here don't like him because he isn't as focused as he could be and doesn't play through injury (which is good because we couldn't deal with him being at out for any stretch of time). He isn't your traditional tough nosed player but he is still good and if he can find consistency in taking people on and finishing first time efforts he could be a quality prem player. 

Exactly this...

People don't like him because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken and sometimes he takes a chance with not tracking back in the hope we win it back and he can then run with the ball in space. Confidence player has peaks and troughs. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

People don't like him because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken and sometimes he takes a chance with not tracking back in the hope we win it back and he can then run with the ball in space. Confidence player has peaks and troughs. 

Trez runs around like a headless chicken and people don't like him either tbf. 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Trez runs around like a headless chicken and people don't like him either tbf. 

Because trez loses the ball as soon as he gets it. They are justified in not liking him. They aren't justified in their dislike of le ghazi. What more do they want a winger to do aside from creating goal scoring opportunities? 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Because trez loses the ball as soon as he gets it. They are justified in not liking him. They aren't justified in their dislike of le ghazi. What more do they want a winger to do aside from creating goal scoring opportunities? 

Exactly, and hs back tracking yesterday was good. Whenever Maximin got the ball El Ghazi was there to cover. I dont understand the dislike for the guy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I want him to show up more for the ball, to be more incisive in possession. Trez is terrible but always shows up to receive a pass, irrespective of what he does with it. El ghazi has a much better delivery but in building up play he is anonymous. It also doesn't help that unless he has acres of space he hardly ever seems like he can beat his man. 

I think he's a bang average winger who is underperforming, but whips in the occasional good cross. 

9 hours ago, WooJung said:

I want him to show up more for the ball, to be more incisive in possession. Trez is terrible but always shows up to receive a pass, irrespective of what he does with it. El ghazi has a much better delivery but in building up play he is anonymous. It also doesn't help that unless he has acres of space he hardly ever seems like he can beat his man. 

I think he's a bang average winger who is underperforming, but whips in the occasional good cross. 

Not showing for the ball is an issue with our entire team except for Jack. But it affects mcginn the most. El ghazi needs to be running in behind. We play so slowly that he never has the opportunity to have a 1v1 and take his man on at pace instead he has to try and beat 2 or 3 players. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Couple of great deliveries again from El Ghazi yesterday and should have been two up at half-time. 

It's not his fault Samatta and Mcginn missed their chances, he can only do so much.

Like the cross against Sheffield United, what a cross that was and should have resulted in a goal.

We are shot-shy going forward.

Watched the Liverpoo goals last night and it dawned on me how s*** we actually are going forward.

• Like 2

Easily our best winger and one of the first names on the teamsheet for now, which I guess is an indictment of our current squad more than anything. Only player apart from Jack that actually creates chances. If we want to have any hope of scoring goals and beating the opposition, he needs to be on the pitch. Even if 90% of what he tries doesn't come off.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Peaks and troughs, you say? Can you point me in the direction of this seasons peaks, I’m struggling to find any. 

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Peaks and troughs, you say? Can you point me in the direction of this seasons peaks, I’m struggling to find any. 

The game against Newcastle where easy chances he created were missed. Against Chelsea first half chances created missed. Also first half he had our first shot on target.  Peaks and Troughs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The game against Newcastle where easy chances he created were missed. Against Chelsea first half chances created missed. Also first half he had our first shot on target.  Peaks and Troughs.

All of our chances are either created by Jack or Anwar. I don't get the people who want to drop him, they do realize his replacement is Trezeguet right?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

All of our chances are either created by Jack or Anwar. I don't get the people who want to drop him, they do realize his replacement is Trezeguet right?

If el ghazi doesn't play hourihane must because if we can't create anything from open play we have to create from set pieces. I think they want to play with no wingers when our lack of width is already one of our biggest struggles. I hope we play elmo until guilbert is back so our right hand side has a good crosser

Sadly I think Taylor has to be our starting left back from this point on. 

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If el ghazi doesn't play hourihane must because if we can't create anything from open play we have to create from set pieces. I think they want to play with no wingers when our lack of width is already one of our biggest struggles. I hope we play elmo until guilbert is back so our right hand side has a good crosser

Sadly I think Taylor has to be our starting left back from this point on. 

What? 😂 Targett has been fine.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What? 😂 Targett has been fine.

Been the cause of 2 of the goals we conceded. First crap defending and being so narrow and hiding on mings allowed azpilacueta about 10 seconds to make his cross. Yes pulisic should have been tracked by mcginn or trezeguet (I think) but it was still targetts fault for allowing the ball to be played in the first place. The 2nd was against Newcastle and whilst he didn't make a mistake it showed how little mings and Hause trust targett to do his job properly. Also no one pressured carrol and allowed him to pick out a pass. That one was the responsibility of the entire back line but I still attribute it to the lack of confidence in targett defensive ability. He doesn't even work hard to make up for it he slowly jogs around the pitch most of the time. Edit:especially when beaten the first time. 

And don't get me started on his attacking play. Whenever the ball went to him our play broke down he panicked and shat himself and then played a hopeless long ball up top that none of our players had a chance to win. At least Taylor recycles the ball and we keep possession with targett we don't have that luxury. 

Edited by MotoMkali

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Been the cause of 2 of the goals we conceded. First crap defending and being so narrow and hiding on mings allowed azpilacueta about 10 seconds to make his cross. Yes pulisic should have been tracked by mcginn or trezeguet (I think) but it was still targetts fault for allowing the ball to be played in the first place. The 2nd was against Newcastle and whilst he didn't make a mistake it showed how little mings and Hause trust targett to do his job properly. Also no one pressured carrol and allowed him to pick out a pass. That one was the responsibility of the entire back line but I still attribute it to the lack of confidence in targett defensive ability. He doesn't even work hard to make up for it he slowly jogs around the pitch most of the time. Edit:especially when beaten the first time. 

And don't get me started on his attacking play. Whenever the ball went to him our play broke down he panicked and shat himself and then played a hopeless long ball up top that none of our players had a chance to win. At least Taylor recycles the ball and we keep possession with targett we don't have that luxury. 

No chance. Targett is quality going forward.

Â