John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Best player so far this season. He really is a great player. I think he could be captain when we get back to the prem. He reminds me of Super Andy Townsend. Love him ?

The John McGinn tactics truck sounds much better

8 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Is it just me or has he been getting further forward the last few games?

No, he definitely is. Smith said he's been telling the midfielders to arrive in the box more - Grealish's goal being another example recently. Gotta love McGinn's unfaltering commitment, but he has a whole lot more in his locker too. A bloody bargain at the price.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I don't! I'm sure Bruce only went after him because he was convinced Grealish was going to Spurs. 

If we critique Bruce for poor signings then we should give credit for good ones. It’s only fair.

And it doesn’t change anything, he’s not coming back!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If we critique Bruce for poor signings then we should give credit for good ones. It’s only fair.

And it doesn’t change anything, he’s not coming back!

Not doubting the quality of the signing - McGinn is awesome! Just doubting Bruce's motives for signing him and thinking it was more forced than intended. 

24 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Not doubting the quality of the signing - McGinn is awesome! Just doubting Bruce's motives for signing him and thinking it was more forced than intended. 

He had him earmarked as a right back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

To be fair St Mirren should have got a lot more than the £200k that they got from yours club for him (Daylight robbery) but the 33% they received from Villa deal will help them going forward. As usual bigger club pinching talent for next to nothing  happens down here and happens too in Scotland :D

That was the 200k development fee required as he was under 21. A bit harsh to call us robbers, we didn't decide the ruling.

Â