John McGinn

PompeyVillan

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I see McGinn got booked again yesterday. I make that 6 for the season. Does that mean he’s due a few Games off?

Nit really sure he needs to get so many yellows.

Some of those yellows were just daft as well, when he's lost the ball then gone flying in. I'll let him off though considering he cost 2.5 million and is probably the best midfielder we've had since barry/Milner 

Bit puzzled at the idea he is “doing it for the team”. As someone mentioned they have often been silly bookings when we weren’t under threat and a rush of blood to the head seems the main cause. If he regularly picks up bookings and then misses matches, how is that helping the team?

Didn't mean each challenge is for the team...........he just hates to lose the ball and takes it personally.

However if he plays as normal and Villa get good results then the general confidence will grow as a by product.

He wouldn't be the same force if he starts to pull back from challenges for fear of getting a yellow card.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Bit puzzled at the idea he is “doing it for the team”. As someone mentioned they have often been silly bookings when we weren’t under threat and a rush of blood to the head seems the main cause. If he regularly picks up bookings and then misses matches, how is that helping the team?

You're talking about toning down his intensity which will affect his game, he's doing just fine, nitpicking over the picking up of yellow cards is needless IMO. 

• Like 3

I like the fact that he picks up a yellow in most games, it's about time we had a midfielder snapping into tackles regularly throughout games. We haven't had a player like McGinn since Milner, someone who can play the nasty side, something for the opposition to worry about. If you have a player there constantly snapping at the heels the opposition midfield are stifled and have less time on the ball.

If he missed a game every 7 or 8 then so be it, we have enough quality midfielders in our squad to cope and give him a breather.

• Like 1

Â