John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We will lose him...

Maybe. Maybe not...but for once we have signed a footballer that is going to be worth a hell of a lot more than when we bought him. That is success for me. Too many absolute duffers and freeloaders. Brilliant signing. Brilliant player. It is all good from here.

• Like 3

My favourite player at Villa right now. He's quite a strange player, when he has the ball at times he doesn't really look in control of situation, but never seems to lose the ball.

Going to be a huge player for us, and will go onto have a huge career. Got everything in his game.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has so much positive energy I can see him assisting himself for a goal soon

I think he is capable of flashing the ball across the face of goal and making it to the back post and tapping it in. What a player. 

• Like 1

Everyone saying "we will lose him".

Sod that, i'm tired of that mentality, that's what got us here in the first place.

We now have very wealthy owners, and are developing a long term plan.

We don't NEED to sell our best players anymore.

Let's do it the right way this time, the likes of Milner, Benteke, Delph etc really left because we either couldn't afford to keep them, or support their ambitions.

OUR job is to convince them they can go all the way with us, and SHOW them too.

The likes of McGinn come across as a different breed, not necessarily the type just in it for the flash lifestyle and high profile.

In time, if the BIG guns come calling, they then have a choice to make, and hopefully by that time we are in the position of say a Tottenham, where we get BIG money, and will be able to adequately replace without disrupting too much.

This is becoming a family and happy place again, players love being here, long may it continue!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Baker Boy said:

SJM will honour his contract with the Villa and more. That's the type of guy he is, exactly what he did at the Hibees. Sadly we are nowhere near the same team since he left.The other overriding factor is that he comes from a strong supportive family, mum dad and sister have been to all his games, and his two brothers who play senior football attend, their own games permitting. A' Ra Best the Villa and GG2TH.

To be fair St Mirren should have got a lot more than the £200k that they got from yours club for him (Daylight robbery) but the 33% they received from Villa deal will help them going forward. As usual bigger club pinching talent for next to nothing  happens down here and happens too in Scotland :D

Edited by Villan4Life

Â