John McGinn

PompeyVillan

35 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

One of the very best aspects of SJM, since the day he walked through the door until now is he understands exactly what it means to play for Aston Villa. He’s old school and knows how big we are & what our fans expect. That is priceless. The fact he delivers on top is a massive bonus. Pleased he’s finally getting back to the levels we know after some expected indifferent form after coming back from injury. I love the partnership he’s struck with Douglas too. 

Sums SJMs attitude up perfectly.

I do wonder about quality of passing against this level of opposition. He hits the odd lovely diagonal when not under much pressure but when pressed he gives it away a fair amount.

That's something we might have to look at in future when we make some more signings like Sanson.

Not his best game but there was still a couple of outrageous pieces of play from him. One where he turned their man mid-way inside our half and pinged a long pass right into (I think) Jack’s path and then a through-ball in the second half. Always worth having him on the pitch for moments such as those. Love him. 

Â