John McGinn

PompeyVillan

That battle in the middle of the park today was brilliant McGinn and Dougie against Kante, Mount and Jorginho was fierce, full on and played with a huge intensity - I thought Doug and Ginnie more than held there own. The way McGinn has changed his game to adjust to a deeper role is a real sign of the quality he has.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

To be honest, the position he is playing in now was how he made his name at St.Mirren and Hibs. I was tearing my hair out when Smith was playing him virtually as a striker for a spell last season. He is now constantly facing the game, driving team forward. He is scoring few goals for Scotland playing further forward but he is so much better for Villa now than he is for Scotland, in my opinion. 

Likewise, always want him deeper. Means then he can burst from deep, playing higher up requires tighter control and you miss his runs.

Much much improved over Xmas and long May it continue. 

thought we carried him through lockdown and start of the season and also struggled to find his position but he has now come into his own and been fantastic last few games 

Â