Time for a takeover

Jareth

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That's fine. Any ITK dude is cool as long as they provide info. The minute they start saying "I know things but I can't be arsed to tell everyone" is the moment they pretty much lose respect from everyone. They're just winding people up at that point.

Pretty much this, it's the old throw enough mud some will stick scenario, I can't be arsed with any of it, it's why I said nothing on Thursday night. Put up or shut up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Actually, Xia deserves all the credit on this one. Source? The lawyer that brokered the deal is my CEOs best mate. (Actual, honest to goodness ITK right there).

You do realise you'll be expected to give us ITK info every week now? Otherwise it will be Hoof hearted out!!!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Slightly reminds me when Bates sold Chelsea to Abramovich back in 2003. By all accounts they were very close to going to administration before they massively lucked out on Abramovich and the rest as they say is history.

Well what Bates did was form a new company, pile all the assets across such as the ground, hotel etc, burden the old company with all the debt and let it go into administration. Then sold the lovely new debt free Chelsea with the hotel, village etc to Abrammovich and make a tody profit whilst a load of contractors who had Chelsea Village, hotel, the new stands etc were saddled with the debt. Yep a real horrible man.

My initial Reaction is relief.

The rest, I will see how it unfolds.....only in the fullness of time, will I know if we have good owners.....Their intentions will become clear at some point.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

You do realise you'll be expected to give us ITK info every week now? Otherwise it will be Hoof hearted out!!!

I'll try my best @Okonokos, I can promise if I get tidbits I won't dangle them for attention! 

ME OUT!!! 

• Haha 1

Been reading through this to see what our new Leeds supporting friends thought of it, and quite how terrible it all was but alas, no sign of them. Strange considering they were only here to "help", you'd have thought they'd be the first to congratulate us? 

Also, I used to live in Egypt (when I was 2) and can confirm they're all a great bunch of lads

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

On another note, wonder if we will hear more from them soon with their intentions?

Possibly, but for me as Big Ron used to say "Don't tell me show me" would work just as well.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That's fine. Any ITK dude is cool as long as they provide info. The minute they start saying "I know things but I can't be arsed to tell everyone" is the moment they pretty much lose respect from everyone. They're just winding people up at that point.

Bit selective with the truth there, EGO posted something he heard with the caveat “things may change as this is football”, gave out a day and because the info didn’t arrive on that exact day was villified and asked to name his sources (which was never going to happen was it).  It’s not hard to find the people who couldn’t wait to jump all over what was shared and drag him across the coals.

At that point and quite rightly, he likely thought sod this and stopped sharing specifics outside of PMs.  I don’t blame the EGO and personally, the post above was a result of posters taking the pee.  No good whinging about it now! ??

Edited by macandally
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, as owners go, these guys are properly minted so I don't think that they are in this to take advantage of the club and strip what few assets we have remaining, They don't need to make money - given how much of it they have. The cost of running Villa for them will be less than the interest on their bank accounts! Hopefully they see this as a challenge and will go all out too make us a top club. 

On the face of it, this is far far better than we could ever have hoped for.

Nice. 

Yep this is what I felt after the initial buzz wore off. This man does not need us to become self sustaining as quick as others would.

However it has to be said that I'd prefer a sole owner as it usually works better.

However from the position we were in this seems to best outcome we could have hoped for. 

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Either these guys are confident Xia is somewhat legit and willing to work with him, want to take us over 100% and don’t care either way, or are just as sketchy.

I think the initial investment was just a timining issue. Sort the short term cash flow issues out. I’ll be shocked if a full takeover doesn’t occur eventually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Either these guys are confident Xia is somewhat legit and willing to work with him, want to take us over 100% and don’t care either way, or are just as sketchy.

My money is firmly on “want to take us over 100%”. The current stuff is, I hope, is just a manoeuvre as stage 1 of easing him out.

12 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So we are now owned by these guys

0_SawirisXiaEdens.png

It's a bit like the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

Is that our beloved Gary Shaw on the end!?

Always knew he would come back to save us. His mum and dad lived by my nan and grandad on Kinghurst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eholm said:

Jeez, can we please stop hammering @TheEgo!!! As he has said, he has been in  touch with a few of us privately, myself included, over the past couple of weeks. I can 100% verify that he confirmed a change of ownership would take place at the end of this week. He shared this info LAST weekend. The guy is completely legit and happens to have very informed sources as his regular updates to me have proved. He is a genuine guy who wanted to publically share genuine information but following completely unwarranted criticism rightly decided to stop. Of course he couldn't publically confirm his sources as they are/were involved in the process in one capacity or another and any disclosure would have compromised his interaction with them...its called trust. 

In all my years on VT this guy has been the most genuine ITK I have read in regards to details, timings and who is sources are. I don't understand why some posters are hell bent on personally slatin him just because he wont confirm his sources.....come on, common sense please!

remember don't post on OP?? Guys like @TheEgo are a pleasure to deal with and when we are all so desperate for actual information around the machinations of all things Villa, we should encourage his posts and not personally hammer him without due cause.

Rant over, peace out.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I read all his posts avidly, without knowing whether they are genuine or not. Not being part of this `inner circle' , which you obviously are, I can only go by what is publicly posted.

It is not that that bothers me, it is the `I know something that you don't, and I cannot tell you' that I find annoying - and I don't think I am the only one.

Anyway, as I say, I read all his posts and react with him, and will continue to do so.

Thanks for your post. Hope my response clarifies my other posts.

This has been fantastic news.This has come after probably the worst 2 months I have ever known as a Villa fan.Even worse than the time we didn't score a goal for 2 months under Lambert.

Their wealth means we don't have to worry about an owner asset stripping.

They say they are football fans -why the hell would you buy Villa in its present state if you loved football?

I hope they realise the job of getting back into the Premier League is difficult especially with FFP.I think this was the great mistake Xia made he thought a European cup winning club would easily return to the top flight.

Edited by Londonastonvilla
Forgot something

Â