Time for a takeover

Jareth

9 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Actually, Xia deserves all the credit on this one. Source? The lawyer that brokered the deal is my CEOs best mate. (Actual, honest to goodness ITK right there).

I’d love to know how it played out and how long it’s been in the pipeline?! #hoofhearteditk

2 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Actually, Xia deserves all the credit on this one. Source? The lawyer that brokered the deal is my CEOs best mate. (Actual, honest to goodness ITK right there).

Whilst he deserves credit for finding, what for now, appear to be much better owners than himself, let’s not forget who got us to the brink of disaster. It’s a bit like the Roberto Martinez praise when at Wigan. Every season (almost), he got them to the brink of relegation, then heroically saved them and was lauded as a genius by people who conveniently forgot the previous 30 odd games. 

I hope your boss’s lawyer mate got all the Ts crossed and Is dotted!

Edited by DaveAV1

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

This is a whole new category of ITK, just as susceptible to chancers, I call it #HindsightITK. (But I do believe you)

1 hour ago, John said:

What's wrong with being old and tired? A few of us know how that feels. As far as his looks are concerned this is not a beauty contest but what he played a big part in yesterday certainly was beautiful. Welcome to Wes or is that Brad Pitt (it's hard to tell through these claret & blue sunglasses with the sun shining so brightly at Villa Park this morning)? ;)

Rich men marry beautiful women. Welcome to the most beautiful football club in the world Wes. 

• Haha 1

It seems the best thing about this deal is that we may have to sacrifice jack and this season but long term we have the clout and know how to get back in the game. No way this sort of investment gets made at most other championship or even premier league clubs. Just means we can all relax and be positive about the season whatever gets thrown at us. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It seems the best thing about this deal is that we may have to sacrifice jack and this season but long term we have the clout and know how to get back in the game. No way this sort of investment gets made at most other championship or even premier league clubs. Just means we can all relax and be positive about the season whatever gets thrown at us. 

I'm all for steady sustainable growth with a vision. Hope these guys have one in mind.

On another note, wonder if we will hear more from them soon with their intentions?

9 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd imagine it is because the ownership won't have officially changed yet. For that to happen will take weeks as there will be the fit and proper tests etc. The club needed major investment now though and this was the quicker way of doing it.

I am in no doubt though the ownership will officially change over the coming weeks. Xia has already been replaced by Sawiris as chairman which says it all really.

Xia is no longer running the show. That is the main thing.

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Agree with this but then I’m also thinking why not try something for this season. Keep most of the squad together. Get a new man in this week and then got until the end of Aug to get in loans. 

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

Jeez, can we please stop hammering @TheEgo!!! As he has said, he has been in  touch with a few of us privately, myself included, over the past couple of weeks. I can 100% verify that he confirmed a change of ownership would take place at the end of this week. He shared this info LAST weekend. The guy is completely legit and happens to have very informed sources as his regular updates to me have proved. He is a genuine guy who wanted to publically share genuine information but following completely unwarranted criticism rightly decided to stop. Of course he couldn't publically confirm his sources as they are/were involved in the process in one capacity or another and any disclosure would have compromised his interaction with them...its called trust. 

In all my years on VT this guy has been the most genuine ITK I have read in regards to details, timings and who is sources are. I don't understand why some posters are hell bent on personally slatin him just because he wont confirm his sources.....come on, common sense please!

remember don't post on OP?? Guys like @TheEgo are a pleasure to deal with and when we are all so desperate for actual information around the machinations of all things Villa, we should encourage his posts and not personally hammer him without due cause.

Rant over, peace out.

Calm down dear.

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm all for steady sustainable growth with a vision. Hope these guys have one in mind.

On another note, wonder if we will hear more from them soon with their intentions?

So am I, but with this type of owner now i want to start growing in the prem asap.

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree with this but then I’m also thinking why not try something for this season. Keep most of the squad together. Get a new man in this week and then got until the end of Aug to get in loans. 

You mentioned loans.  I think this is how we get to prem this season.  Get in top players on loan, similar to what wolves done.

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Exactly what Dr X did. At the time I thought it was a good idea. The joys of hindsight 

Difference there was Xia appointed Wyness.  One look at Wyness reputation and you’d run a mile. Unfortunately it seemed he had a large involvement in the takeover too.

Its very unlikely businessmen with the pedigree of our new owners would be mixing with charlatans like Wyness. 

As for Round. I’m not actually sure what he did. 

Edited by blandy
libel removed
  • Like 2

Â