Time for a takeover

Jareth

With news of American baseball investors, British consortiums and no doubt a few other problematic nationalities, and Tony's accounts locked down in China (believe that or not) - I have a feeling we will be sold on quite soon. I would be quite happy with a lower level figure this time, with 'only' a few hundred million to their name but with all the necessary business savvy to get us back and keep us there. Provided we aren't docked a squillion points for going into administration.

• Like 2

Well we have had a US owner before and look how that turned out....

My current firm is owned by a giant American Corporation and the only thing that matter to an American company is the bottom line.......making profit for themselves.

If Villa are bought by a US company it will end badly, again. Look at the hassles that "Yanitid" and the "scousers" have had with their US owners in the past....and they are successful money generating clubs......where we are not.

Slightly concerned abut all this. Someone elsewhere said only Villa can have two billionaire owners and still get sh*tted on.....

Regards to all

Del

Just now, hippo said:

No other way forward. Tony is a bad un. He stays we get more headlines like yesterday.

I agree, for whatever reason and for all the enthusiasm in the world Tony has not been able to take us forward in a way that gives us a sustainable future. There is so much potential at Villa with our youth set-up and we are ripe for some proper leadership to come in and build something like Southampton did. The good news is that whoever now comes in will not be repeating the model of the last 10 years so there is hope. I won't rule out anybody on their country of origin but they will need to say some sensible things from the start if they want anyone to back them.

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

My current firm is owned by a giant American Corporation and the only thing that matter to an American company is the bottom line.......making profit for themselves.

If Villa are bought by a US company it will end badly, again. Look at the hassles that "Yanitid" and the "scousers" have had with their US owners in the past....and they are successful money generating clubs......where we are not.

Slightly concerned abut all this. Someone elsewhere said only Villa can have two billionaire owners and still get sh*tted on.....

Regards to all

Del

To be fair, two of the best run clubs at the moment are owned by Americans. Fulham and Liverpool. At the other end of the spectrum is use, Sunderland and Swansea. I guess there is no in between.

• Like 1

Shame we cannot look at how German football clubs are owned. Is it true that they are not allowed to be owned by foreign investors and supporters have a stake/share in the club?

Can't we do something like that - break the mould of this interminable problems we have had over the last 10 years..

Del

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I would hope that was the bottom line for new owners - give me a Daniel Levy any day of the week compared to what we've had.

• Like 1

There are three scenarios now I think:

1. Xia secures a loan the pay the tax bill and then begins selling off the family jewels to keep the sinking ship afloat for as long as possible, with no cash coming in from China to pay the bills.

2. Xia can’t secure a loan, we miss our tax deadline and enter administration later this week.

3. We are sold QUICKLY to the highest bidder who injects cash to pay the tax bill before a formal takeover. 

3b. Tony finds a minority investor to provide a cash injection to keep us going. 

1 and 2 would be a disaster I feel unless Xia is able to unlock money from China. I am hoping we’re are sold shortly and fluke our way into good ownership, but this is villa so I am prepared for the worst. 

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Presuming we do get taken over, where does this leave us next season? I presume we won't be able to recruit while the process goes on, which leaves next season as a write off or worse? 

It will have to happen fast unless Tony can free up some cash, so I suppose he could do that by flogging Grealish - but it would only be a sticking plaster on the wound. Bruce hasn't ruled himself out yet either, so it's possible we get continuity while it changes hands. Bruce goes at this point then we could be in for a bumpy ride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I am hoping we’re are sold shortly and fluke our way into good ownership, but this is villa so I am prepared for the worst. 

Third time lucky....

15 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Presuming we do get taken over, where does this leave us next season? I presume we won't be able to recruit while the process goes on, which leaves next season as a write off or worse? 

I think that is also the scenario if we don't get taken over.

• Like 1

I get the feeling that Tony is not going to hang on looking for some unrealistic figure despite driving as hard a bargain as pos. Administration equals lower offers, so he's best off to take what he can and soon. Whether that means its completed quickly is for the birds, but hopefully (and some will not like this) we can keep Steve Round on (I like what's changed at the club) and sad to say bruce too, we need him now more than ever if just to stay in the league.

I can feel the steam coming off Howard Hodgson's brain as he sits plotting in his Sandbanks basement flat trying every possible calculation to take over the Villa on a budget of £2 million (leveraged against the basement) plus some of his mates cash.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I can feel the steam coming off Howard Hodgson's brain as he sits plotting in his Sandbanks basement flat trying every possible calculation to take over the Villa on a budget of £2 million (leveraged against the basement) plus some of his mates cash.

You joke but he came very close to putting together a very high profile consortium a few years ago. In hindsight we probably would be playing PL football this upcoming season if it had happened.

Â