Time for a takeover

Jareth

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That's fine. Any ITK dude is cool as long as they provide info. The minute they start saying "I know things but I can't be arsed to tell everyone" is the moment they pretty much lose respect from everyone. They're just winding people up at that point.

Fortunately I checked with Mods that I wasn't breaking any guidelines and also shared info with them so they know I'm not "winding people up" (I know this perhaps wasn't aimed at me per se) anyway as my last post said, let's all be happy. UTV

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Xia simply refused to sell his entire stake. They absolutely do and will take us over 100%. I can't see this current arrangement going on beyond the year. 

Is it just a case of fit and proper persons test now before the full takeover?

44 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I read all his posts avidly, without knowing whether they are genuine or not. Not being part of this `inner circle' , which you obviously are, I can only go by what is publicly posted.

It is not that that bothers me, it is the `I know something that you don't, and I cannot tell you' that I find annoying - and I don't think I am the only one.

Anyway, as I say, I read all his posts and react with him, and will continue to do so.

Thanks for your post. Hope my response clarifies my other posts.

I'm flattered to be the source of such debate, but we're off topic unless we start a thread on me? "The Ego's vague, I know more than you" thread? I'm sure everyone will love that!! ? Anyway, I'm more excited by Villa than I have been since Lerner bought us, perhaps even more so and I can't wait to see what decisions are taken after they've done their homework.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

I don't think so. It was definitely a quick way to get cash into the club as I 'think' a full takeover would of gone beyond the deadline for the bills we had to pay. The fact the EFL approved the deal so quickly is testament to how dire the situation was. I'm sure once they pass the proper tests which won't take weeks like Xia did) we will see more info. For now though Xia is around...........to make the tea.

On a serious note, If I were the new guys I'd ask Xia to stop tweeting now. It's not needed and is just a distraction. We need the upmost professionalism moving forward.

16 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Fortunately I checked with Mods that I wasn't breaking any guidelines and also shared info with them so they know I'm not "winding people up" (I know this perhaps wasn't aimed at me per se) anyway as my last post said, let's all be happy. UTV

I'm not disputing your info dude. To be honest, I've kinda missed the whole debate but I did see you say yesterday that you know info but you don't want to tell anyone. Comments like that are just asking for trouble.

But hey ho, doesn't bother me, Villa are seemingly saved so let's all celebrate :D

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I don't think so. It was definitely a quick way to get cash into the club as I 'think' a full takeover would of gone beyond the deadline for the bills we had to pay. The fact the EFL approved the deal so quickly is testament to how dire the situation was. I'm sure once they pass the proper tests which won't take weeks like Xia did) we will see more info. For now though Xia is around...........to make the tea.

On a serious note, If I were the new guys I'd ask Xia to stop tweeting now. It's not needed and is just a distraction. We need the upmost professionalism moving forward.

So all sounds like they'll be in full ownership within a couple of months then and Xia will be history? The sooner the better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Can you imagine the irony if they failed the fit and proper persons test due to stricter rules applied because of Xia. 

That would be classic Villa. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

So all sounds like they'll be in full ownership within a couple of months then and Xia will be history? The sooner the better.

He is most probably out the door now. In essence he's just a share holder by most reports.

Xia took a massive risk but it would appear the situation is improving. Can we please learn from past mistakes this time around and be more prudent going forward? This is what I expect from our new overlords.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

He is most probably out the door now. In essence he's just a share holder by most reports.

He's a minority owner now is he not? 45% ownership. 

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Yeah, pretty sure that's the case. I'm just looking forward to the day when he has literally nothing to do with us.

Just now, osmark86 said:

He's a minority owner now is he not? 45% ownership. 

It's the same thing really as he has Lost the control. Difficult to know as we don't know the small print but I'd guess he won't be doing much for us now.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not disputing your info dude. To be honest, I've kinda missed the whole debate but I did see you say yesterday that you know info but you don't want to tell anyone. Comments like that are just asking for trouble.

But hey ho, doesn't bother me, Villa are seemingly saved so let's all celebrate :D

Well you missed the context, a few weeks ago I was given a rough ride, so I decided to say nothing and then when it was still going on yesterday I did bite and say "I know plenty" in my defence I've taken all the 'banter' on the chin and not fired back, so I think I'm allowed one jab. I see how it would look out of context though. 

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Main thing is he doesn't really hold any power now and doesn't bring anything to the table either (he has no cash) so just along for the ride in the hope he can get some money back when we go up. If I were him, I'd have done the same. 

It doesn’t seem like we’ve been bought as a toy - which could be said about a few other takeovers in the past, e.g. Cardiff, Hull etc. 

If both chaps wanted a toy they would have ‘invested’ outright. 

This seems like a business decision and not an endless black hole of money.

I think that’s best and it quite excites me as it suggests a few things: both chaps probably have strategic alliances, if the goal is investor return the only way is up, and - more importantly - there is solid brains behind the whole thing. 

It's probably a good thing he is still here tbh.

Even though he has recently been labled as a bit of a chancer we have to remember he knows the infrastructure better than most.

He can help in the short term.

• Like 1

Â