Time for a takeover

Jareth

4 minutes ago, McParland’s Boots said:

Mate of a mate was a group board director of Adidas until earlier this year. I’ve asked him to do some digging.

There are plenty of articles from when Sawiris was appointed to the board. Nike were deemed to have a more diversified board, with experts from Apple and other companies, whereas Adidas only had Germans from Adidas. They decided to appoint some of their major shareholders to the board to add more international knowledge and expertise. Sawiris was one, some official representing a Belgium investor was another, and I believe two more were selected. Sawiris is part of the ‘Supervisory Board’, I believe.

6 hours ago, Hiney said:

This thread is priceless, an absolute wankfest relishing in us going into administration to us being the jammiest club in the world ?? it's absolutely glorious 

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2528869,page=1

I read this and it is priceless. 

A few thoughts 

1) they think the meaning evil is a Villa biased rag?! 

2) they don't see why anyone would be interested in Villa as an investment. Is there a bigger more famous name anywhere in football more down on their luck? Sunderland are the nearest but they are a far Smaller name and are now too far gone to try for.  We are one of the biggest most prestigious clubs in football and are available to buy for about the same price as a Liverpool goalkeeper.  Whoever gets it right will make huge profits on us, we are a very very obvious and tempting sports investment. 

3)some guy talks about "the Egyptian with no experience in sports". HE OWNS ADIDAS YOU NUMPTY. 

4) The fact that so many of them called it.  They were enjoying our misery but  ultimately know 2) above is the truth and that we would be rescued. 

5) They are insanely jealous of us.  Deep down they know we are superior in every way. My dad moved to Birmingham before I was born and decided to choose a team to support. Not a day in my life goes by that I thank the Lord he chose Villa over the scum but then again there was probably no real decision for him to make was IT? 

6) And I genuinely mean this. Fair play to them. Unlike me they were dealt a shitty hand in life with whatever circumstances forced them down the Blues route but they have stuck with it rather than become Liverpool or Chelsea or whatever fans so good on em for hating us and being more interested in our fate then their own, at least they follow their own destiny rather than fabricate a new one like some Representative for Wellingborough of a Brummie Red. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Who knows, they may have something up their sleeve to get around ffp. 

I envisage sponsorship sponsorship and more sponsorship with a fair few loans with options to buy thrown in for good measure. 

I will happily take my seat in The Originals Holte End of Adidas Villa Park praying that the Sessingon loan turns into a full signing next year. 

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I read this and it is priceless. 

A few thoughts 

1) they think the meaning evil is a Villa biased rag?! 

2) they don't see why anyone would be interested in Villa as an investment. Is there a bigger more famous name anywhere in football more down on their luck? Sunderland are the nearest but they are a far Smaller name and are now too far gone to try for.  We are one of the biggest most prestigious clubs in football and are available to buy for about the same price as a Liverpool goalkeeper.  Whoever gets it right will make huge profits on us, we are a very very obvious and tempting sports investment. 

3)some guy talks about "the Egyptian with no experience in sports". HE OWNS ADIDAS YOU NUMPTY. 

4) The fact that so many of them called it.  They were enjoying our misery but  ultimately know 2) above is the truth and that we would be rescued. 

5) They are insanely jealous of us.  Deep down they know we are superior in every way. My dad moved to Birmingham before I was born and decided to choose a team to support. Not a day in my life goes by that I thank the Lord he chose Villa over the scum but then again there was probably no real decision for him to make was IT? 

6) And I genuinely mean this. Fair play to them. Unlike me they were dealt a shitty hand in life with whatever circumstances forced them down the Blues route but they have stuck with it rather than become Liverpool or Chelsea or whatever fans so good on em for hating us and being more interested in our fate then their own, at least they follow their own destiny rather than fabricate a new one like some Representative for Wellingborough of a Brummie Red. 

21495eb51acc55949edbbad5474f3e20.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ender4 said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/07/20/five-things-to-know-about-our-new-investors

I don't like the way they keep talking about our "new investors", rather than owners

Look at who is the executive chairman according to our own official website, pour a glass of the most expensive alcohol you can find, light up a fat cigar and put an enigmatic smile on your face.  This is the best advice I can give you at this time. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Simple: 

- Xia, being the major shareholder until the new deal is completed, renames the stadium, training ground, Holte Pub and car park to include ‘Recon’ for £10m combined. (Market value is all that’s allowed)

- When the new deal goes through, Edens is recorded as major shareholder and renames everything with his company branding. Foreskin? Is it? I dunno, something sharp like that. Anyway, we get another £10m payment.

- You guessed it. A few days after Edens’ money hits our accounts, we realise that ‘Foreskin Park’ isn’t going to cut it, and we file a change in shareholding, with Sawiris being the top dog in town. Bish, bash, bosh, another £10m in the bank, ‘NNS Holdings Park’ is our temporary name for a few seasons, and our FFP troubles are over. All in time for Levy to call us before their tour of America, and Sawiris to tell him whatever ‘F**k off’ is in Egyptian.

I believe his empire is quite extensive, that's just the tip of it. 

• Haha 3

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. From the outset I wouldn't be too fond a billionaire from a dictatorship and a Wall Street private equity broker. Never mind a joint venture of the two. The first I would assume is corrupt and being filthy rich in a dictatorship normally means being dependent of being in good standing with the dictator, with your assets at risk at any time. The second one Wolf of Wall street-type normally cares most about himself, money, power and fame.

Being our new owners I will support and welcome them with an open mind though, and not let any of the prejudices above come in the way. Sawaris makes a good impression to me, and I particularly like the links to Adidas, he must have good contacts in sports which should be good for us. Edens hopefully has had his trial and error phase at the Milwaukee Bucks and take all the good experiences back to us, owning a sports club in the US must be quite different to owning us though. 

This time around I wont get too excited by the nice talk, but rather judge them by their actions. I would demand (wish I could do that) that their desicions are with the long term best of the club in mind, that they are open and transparent with the fans and involves supporter groups.

They also need to kick (buy) Xia out of the club as soon as possible for me to fully accept the ownership. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ender4 said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/07/20/five-things-to-know-about-our-new-investors

I don't like the way they keep talking about our "new investors", rather than owners

I'd imagine it is because the ownership won't have officially changed yet. For that to happen will take weeks as there will be the fit and proper tests etc. The club needed major investment now though and this was the quicker way of doing it.

I am in no doubt though the ownership will officially change over the coming weeks. Xia has already been replaced by Sawiris as chairman which says it all really.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Look at who is the executive chairman according to our own official website, pour a glass of the most expensive alcohol you can find, light up a fat cigar and put an enigmatic smile on your face.  This is the best advice I can give you at this time. 

If the suit fits.......

GettyImages-151291388-1635x1090.jpg

10 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Does this mean we can tell Daniel Levy and Spurs to go **** themselves??

No, just reply with a 15m bid of our own for Harry Kane and wait for their response

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

A point on this. A good handful of our fans on here brought out the exact same “who would want to buy a loss-making business” and “anyone who buys or invests in the club must be stupid” lines.

I wonder whether those fans still think our TWO billionaires are both stupid ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’ll be interesting to see what they do to get around FFP.  Can’t imagine them wanting to endure this upcoming season after significant player sales and then maybe the same the following year given a 3 year roll over of losses, reduced parachute payments and less revenue from tv etc.

it’ll be hard to get promoted if our best players leave/left if we don’t buy further players but FFP restricts us so then we’d roll into a four season in the championship and I’m guessing that’s not what these guys are investing in.  So I’m intrigued and somewhat excited what the plan is, especially after the gloom since May.

• Like 2

Â