Time for a takeover

Jareth

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Just read a couple of pages on the WWFC forum.  They've really got a bee in their bonnet haven't they?  They reckon we're still fooked lol. I really hope they get off to a spectacularly bad start to the season.

No surprise. They are a nasty and bitter bunch of individuals. I always remember how they reacted to their relegation to League 1, smashing their own ground up. Thuggish simpletons. Contrast that with our awesome supporters against Newcastle; inflatable dolls, bananas and beach balls and having a fun time. 

Since last year, we had not heard a peep out of them for about forty years.  It was so sweet to humble that mob at VP,  all wearing their silly little Jorge Mendes masks.

18 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Edens hopefully has had his trial and error phase at the Milwaukee Bucks and take all the good experiences back to us, owning a sports club in the US must be quite different to owning us though

Err, Lerner owned the Browns didn’t he before he bought us, but as you say “owning a sports club in the US must be quite different to owning us though”

Well now we've been taken over (pretty much) I wonder what other surprises are in store. It's so stressful/ exciting keeping up behind the scenes. 

Thank fudge the football's so dull. My heart really couldn't take it. 

Bruce in 

2 hours ago, VERB27 said:

A bit weird of Bruce’s to do that press interview with Sky if this was in the pipeline.

I know it was probably at initial stages then but SB’s tone was pretty strong considering. 

Could be his downfall, can’t see the new guys wanting anyone with loose lips about the place (except Mallory).

Edited by dukes
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

Just read a couple of pages on the WWFC forum.  They've really got a bee in their bonnet haven't they?  They reckon we're still fooked lol. I really hope they get off to a spectacularly bad start to the season.

Looking forward to when Mendez claims his money, i.e. on the repeated sale of all those players happy to be paid £20k a week for the simple and pure love of Wolverhampton. I'd say they were the next Saints but they aint even that well prepared.

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Looking forward to when Mendez claims his money, i.e. on the repeated sale of all those players happy to be paid £20k a week for the simple and pure love of Wolverhampton. I'd say they were the next Saints but they aint even that well prepared.

Their owner is stinking rich, i really dont think money will be any sort of issue anytime soon unless he gets bored and wants out.

2 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Their owner is stinking rich, i really dont think money will be any sort of issue anytime soon unless he gets bored and wants out.

I base it purely on Mendez wanting a return, could be well wrong but I get the feeling theirs and any owner will be glad just to be in the prem getting £100 million for doing naff all. 

A difference between Lerner and these two is that Lerner inherited his money from the company his Dad Built.  ALso inherited the Browns.   These two have built and controlled their own businesses.

Lerner as at Villa kept trying to try different things at the the Browns and Villa but they never worked, even if most pundits agree at the Time that the Browns were getting good people in.  We initially thought that with Lambert despite what anyone said.  Houllier could have worked but they got scared off by his heart problems.  

Edens has turned around the Bucs in a small catchment area for a team.   

Sawaris has important links within the Industry probably though Adidas.

We might just have the Dream Team here!

• Like 1

Interesting watching Bruce’s interview after Burton, he referred to the new investors as the new owners.

4 hours ago, jim said:

Interesting watching Bruce’s interview after Burton, he referred to the new investors as the new owners.

well they are the new owners, they have a majority shareholding

Â