Time for a takeover

Jareth

50 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I'm flattered to be the source of such debate, but we're off topic unless we start a thread on me? "The Ego's vague, I know more than you" thread? I'm sure everyone will love that!! ? Anyway, I'm more excited by Villa than I have been since Lerner bought us, perhaps even more so and I can't wait to see what decisions are taken after they've done their homework.

Yes. Good times may be ahead, and we deserve it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can you imagine the irony if they failed the fit and proper persons test due to stricter rules applied because of Xia. 

That would be classic Villa. 

These guys are serious players.

No way they will fail.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Well you missed the context, a few weeks ago I was given a rough ride, so I decided to say nothing and then when it was still going on yesterday I did bite and say "I know plenty" in my defence I've taken all the 'banter' on the chin and not fired back, so I think I'm allowed one jab. I see how it would look out of context though. 

Thanks again mate for the snippets that you are able to provide.   The one thing I don't get with this takeover and the announcement yesterday and excuse me for being a bit "thick", but why invest now?   Wouldn't we have gotten into a far worse position over the next few days/weeks etc, whereby the price for investment would have been better for them?    Would there have been a good reason to act/invest at this point?   I was thinking was it avoid certain player sales etc?    Any information you can give here would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by ferguson1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

No way they will fail.

Kind of a throwaway comment to be fair. We'll see. Xia apparently owned lots of companies, and looked very impressive early doors.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Kind of a throwaway comment to be fair. We'll see. Xia apparently owned lots of companies, and looked very impressive early doors.

Check them out, Johnny. All verifiable, unlike the `smoke and mirrors' of Xia.

Or perhaps I am just desperate. :D

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The key word is "apparently" there. These guys own lots of companies factually. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Check them out, Johnny. All verifiable, unlike the `smoke and mirrors' of Xia.

Or perhaps I am just desperate. :D

I want to get excited, trust me but c'mon...we're villa!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

I'm only speculating, but with the desperation for an injection of funds to pay bills to avoid administration, now seems like a good time to buy in - the price would have been affected by the desperation. Having already hocked off just about everything possible to stave off creditors Xia was desperate. I don't perceive him to be malicious, or a force for ill, just to have been reckless in his approach, albeit with the best intentions of gaining promotion. I think he genuinely has caught the bug, so to speak. He wants Villa to prosper both for his own ends and also because he's become a fan.

If you're a hugely wealthy person, looking to get involved in a football club, the EFL has become a place where there are some potential bargains. The Prem clubs are too wealthy and thus very expensive with the top ones out of reach and the middling to lower ones come with a risk of relegation and a huge drop in value. The likes of Leeds and Villa and Sheff Wed represent opportunity to get hold of a potential big club with all the associated fanbase and tradition and commercial opportunities, for a knock down cost.

Villa's finances have been a mess, FFP is a burden, but IF someone can continue to rectify the financial mess, get the club "straight", then there's a ready made Premier league club in waiting available for 10s of millions instead of 100s of millions.

Great post imo!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

No way they will fail.

"No way" is potentially overstating their risk aversion. We'll see in due time, but I'm optimistic as you seem to be.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Thanks again mate for the snippets that you are able to provide.   The one thing I don't get with this takeover and the announcement yesterday and excuse me for being a bit "thick", but why invest now?   Wouldn't we have gotten into a far worse position over the next few days/weeks etc, whereby the price for investment would have been better for them?    Would there have been a good reason to act/invest at this point?   I was thinking was it avoid certain player sales etc?    Any information you can give here would be greatly appreciated.  

I don't know what their reasons were (Xia's was to avoid Administration) I'd say it speaks to their intentions that they didn't wait until we were in admin. I guess it gets more complicated as you're then dealing with someone appointed to look after the assets and they'd be a bidding war, so I guess they paid a little extra to get it now and avoid that. It would also of meant a 12 point deduction which instantly would have made promotion way way harder. That's why I think they acted now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Seriously ? crap tits if you ask me ! 

She seems very vacuous and self-obsessed judging by that Instagram page. 

I still would though.

7 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I don't know what their reasons were (Xia's was to avoid Administration) I'd say it speaks to their intentions that they didn't wait until we were in admin. I guess it gets more complicated as you're then dealing with someone appointed to look after the assets and they'd be a bidding war, so I guess they paid a little extra to get it now and avoid that. It would also of meant a 12 point deduction which instantly would have made promotion way way harder. That's why I think they acted now. 

Respect the info you have shared on here. Thank you. Can i ask, your own opinion, are these guys serious players or is it understandable to air on the side of caution ?

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I would just like to point out that perhaps not winning the play off final was actually the greatest prize of all. Winning the play off was worth what 100 million? Losing the play off final was worth 6.5 billion! 

Yes it's rather true this. Win and Steve Round would be chasing over the hill expensive players and Wyness would still be in the background plotting. Given the choice now, I would probably take the position we are in. 

• Like 1

As @TheEgo has indicated; this isn't a thread about him. He's just a poster. If you want to ask him questions directly, use PMs  If you want to post about him, you will get warning points as we don't allow posts about posters.

This thread is for general discussion / sharing information about the subject in the title.

Use the site's ignore function if you dislike what any individual posts.

• Like 3

Â