Time for a takeover

Jareth

Just read a couple of pages on the WWFC forum.  They've really got a bee in their bonnet haven't they?  They reckon we're still fooked lol. I really hope they get off to a spectacularly bad start to the season.

Edited by dubbs

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If speculation is to be believed it seems they left it as late as possible to invest ensuring the best price but at the same avoiding administration. 

Then again the negotiations must have been going on some time I assume. 

A few weeks. Did their Due Dilligence as they negotiated price and stake. Also allowed the chance for EFL to check it over.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Just read a couple of pages on the WWFC forum.  They've really got a bee in their bonnet haven't they?  They reckon we're still fooked lol. I really hope they get off to a spectacularly bad start to the season.

Very Salty on Twitter too. 

6 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

A few weeks. Did their Due Dilligence as they negotiated price and stake. Also allowed the chance for EFL to check it over.

Pretty much fits in with the info I was given a few weeks back, at the time Tony was denying it all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Whilst the media didn’t even get a whiff of who they were. I like that. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hev said:

Now that I have the feel good factor back, I went to Villa Park store earlier and bought new shirt. I thought there might be a few people milling around but the store was possibly the busiest I have seen it  other than on a match day. Loads of people buying shirts. The feel good factor is back. Woo hoo. 

Good to hear.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob182 said:

A point on this. A good handful of our fans on here brought out the exact same “who would want to buy a loss-making business” and “anyone who buys or invests in the club must be stupid” lines.

I wonder whether those fans still think our TWO billionaires are both stupid ?

Few of us will think they are stupid until they make a decision with which we disagree.  Like let Bruce go, or keep Bruce.  Or sell Jack, or turn down any offer higher that 10 million for jack. Or... well you probably get the point. If you don’t, our new owners are stupid.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

RL was a tin pot $ billionaire in comparison to these two and as soon as financial constraints hit (divorce etc.) needed to asset strip in-order to claw back the money he had paid in or loaned etc.  Then steps up the master illusionist himself who backed everything on the name of AVFC, parachute payments etc etc to earn a quick buck and would become a cash cow for himself (we all know how that worked out).  It is also true about the smoke screen regarding Xia's actual business portfolio's.

One thing is for sure is that Sawiris and Edens don't need AVFC to make money; they have enough of that.  They are also very transparent in their business dealings.  Therefore, AVFC must be project for them both to enjoy.  Although as it turns out, this project (if done correctly) will in fact rise in value to both of them. 

Despite seeing so many hopes and dreams come to nothing in the last decade, this to me feels different because of the pedigree of both respective new owners.  They are no fools in the business world and I would be dumbfounded to believe that they have taken us on without having a clear strategy that ensure progress, growth, sustainability and success (which of course will be defined as our position continues to grow).

This pretty much sums up my feelings. These two are genuinely, demonstratably rich and successful businessmen who have managed to snap up a club with huge potential at (hopefully) it's lowest ebb.

I don't want to get excited because nice things don't happen to us, but i'm excited.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

A bit weird of Bruce’s to do that press interview with Sky if this was in the pipeline.

I know it was probably at initial stages then but SB’s tone was pretty strong considering. 

30 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

RL was a tin pot $ billionaire in comparison to these two and as soon as financial constraints hit (divorce etc.) needed to asset strip in-order to claw back the money he had paid in or loaned etc.  Then steps up the master illusionist himself who backed everything on the name of AVFC, parachute payments etc etc to earn a quick buck and would become a cash cow for himself (we all know how that worked out).  It is also true about the smoke screen regarding Xia's actual business portfolio's.

One thing is for sure is that Sawiris and Edens don't need AVFC to make money; they have enough of that.  They are also very transparent in their business dealings.  Therefore, AVFC must be project for them both to enjoy.  Although as it turns out, this project (if done correctly) will in fact rise in value to both of them. 

Despite seeing so many hopes and dreams come to nothing in the last decade, this to me feels different because of the pedigree of both respective new owners.  They are no fools in the business world and I would be dumbfounded to believe that they have taken us on without having a clear strategy that ensure progress, growth, sustainability and success (which of course will be defined as our position continues to grow).

Good post that and I agree entirely. They are the real deal indeed. Excited to see what plans they have.

10 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

A bit weird of Bruce’s to do that press interview with Sky if this was in the pipeline.

I know it was probably at initial stages then but SB’s tone was pretty strong considering. 

He was also probably none the wiser, and they were looking to keep it looking that way?

10 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

It was far from certain that Xia would agree to the majority sale and only decided in the last few days to accept a minority stake and thus investment. 

Â