Time for a takeover

Jareth

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s that worth?

Thats a pretty big holding in whats probably the second biggest sports brand in the world. This guys the real deal. 

I wasn’t questioning whether he was the real deal. The OP asked if the new owner could just get Adidas to sponsor us, and I just said that I doubt it since he doesn’t own a big enough shareholding to make that decision alone.

in all likelihood  our next kit will be by Adidas, just like when Lerner took over there were links with Nike and IMG and we got a Nike kit quite quickly afterwards as a ‘favour’.

he holds approx 12M shares valued at something like $2.7bn so it’s a huge investment, kinda shows how small fry Villa are in his portfolio.

Edited by dukes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dukes said:

I wasn’t questioning whether he was the real deal. The OP asked if the new owner could just get Adidas to sponsor us, and I just said that I doubt it since he doesn’t own a big enough shareholding to make that decision alone.

in all likelihood  our next kit will be by Adidas, just like when Lerner took over there were links with Nike and IMG and we got a Nike kit quite quickly afterwards as a ‘favour’.

he holds approx 12M shares valued at something like $2.2bn so it’s a huge investment, kinda shows how small fry Villa are in his portfolio.

Sorry mate I wasnt referencing your original post about him making a decision. Sorry if I may have quoted it. I was genuinely interested in what his stake was worth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

He really is, his net worth, his business assets net worth and his families net worth are truly mind boggling. In all the years we've craved a Billionaire, this is the kind we could only of dreamed of. Once we go up it could get very interesting indeed. Everyone is overlooking the other guy (apart from his face haha) and his 2.2 bn (which alone was more than Lerner) 

I just googled richest men in Africa and his brother and fathers names also popped up. 

Seriously wealthy family. 

I haven’t been this excited since Lerner took over. 

6 minutes ago, dukes said:

he holds approx 12M shares valued at something like $2.2bn so it’s a huge investment, kinda shows how small fry Villa are in his portfolio.

His 6% of Adidas is actually the biggest individual shareholding and he sits on the board. If you go on their corporate website his photo and bio is right there.  I think he has enough power at Adidas to sponsor The Holte End urinals if he wants to. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just googled richest men in Africa and his brother and fathers names also popped up. 

Seriously wealthy family. 

I haven’t been this excited since Lerner took over. 

yes richest family in Egypt. Our guy has 3 private jets and a massive massive yacht. This is a proper billionaire and mixes in rich circles too. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

His 6% of Adidas is actually the biggest individual shareholding and he sits on the board. If you go on their corporate website his photo and bio is right there.  I think he has enough power at Adidas to sponsor The Holte End urinals if he wants to. 

You can find out more in a few mins on both men than you can in the entirety of Xia's reign.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

You can find out more in a few mins on both men than you can in the entirety of Xia's reign.

I searched the net for weeks after we first heard about Xia and found nothing apart from penny shares with dodgy companies. Lerner announced that Xia shared his "vision and shared his passion for architecture", Hollis (erroneously) thought Xia helped to design the Birdsnest Olympic stadium in Beijing. Apart from that there was b*gger all!

I've spent a few hours searching both guys today, and everything I've read has ticked all the right boxes. This could be good!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I searched the net for weeks after we first heard about Xia and found nothing apart from penny shares with dodgy companies. Lerner announced that Xia shared his "vision and shared his passion for architecture", Hollis (erroneously) thought Xia helped to design the Birdsnest Olympic stadium in Beijing. Apart from that there was b*gger all!

I've spent a few hours searching both guys today, and everything I've read has ticked all the right boxes. This could be good!

Agreed VB, this feels right where as Xia never really did. I hope it's all that and some, we deserve a break. What an horrendous summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Agreed VB, this feels right where as Xia never really did. I hope it's all that and some, we deserve a break. What an horrendous summer.

Alleviated a little by the efforts of your good self to fill the information void. Appreciated, thanks.?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If he sponsors the Holte End urinals, perhaps it could be suggested that he has them changed to blue and white.......

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe it’s good we didn’t get relegated. God only knows what Plans Xia and Wyness had for us in the top flight. 

Everything has happened for a reason. 

What am i missing here?

Â