Time for a takeover

Jareth

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Apologies, I don't have a subscription to show the full content, but just seen the opening paragraph of a Times article that says we still have cash flow problems despite the investment because we've already spent the new season's gate receipts (not even sure how that's possible) and the last of the parachute money. They quote a source close to the finances of the takeover...https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/villa-have-already-spent-most-of-income-for-new-season-5r9kbrnf2

This is why you will see a flurry of sponsorships and partnerships.  I KNOW I KNOW ALL AT FAIR MARKET VALUE, but there will be a lot of them I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

This is why you will see a flurry of sponsorships and partnerships.  I KNOW I KNOW ALL AT FAIR MARKET VALUE, but there will be a lot of them I think.

Quite right, I expect every lever to be pulled, these guys are in it to win it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

They're probably right, but the story carries absolutely no jeopardy - we need a £75mill injection - not debt - but cash flow - we have new owners worth billions. It's the same as saying we all have council tax to pay. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but we haven’t got a merry hope in hell in complying with FFP if we need £75m investment just to meet our current obligations, do we?

We couldn’t meet that shortfall organically if we sold the entire squad plus villa park, and external investment is not counted as revenue under ffp. 

I know we are not in danger of failing to meet these obligations due to the money the new ownership will bring to the table, but it shows how far away we are from being ‘sustainable’ or passing FFP. Expecting sanctions next year unless we argue special circumstances due to takeover.

30 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Wouldn't any punishment be made after the end of this coming season anyway ?

Point being, if we held on to Chester and Grealish and got promoted potentially the only punishment would be a fine ?

I think I read it would be determined by April whether there was a breach, so there would be time for a points deduction.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I think I read it would be determined by April whether there was a breach, so there would be time for a points deduction.

Correct. The last 3 months of accounts for the season have to be forecasted to allow rulings and punishments to be doled out before the end of the season. 

Well if you accept my view that FFP is a rigged and unfair system then I hope the new owners are working hard to get around it by any means. Its what everyone else who wants to run a successful football club does so I hope we do too. Sponsorship's , hiding expenses through agents its all fair game in my opinion. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Well if you accept my view that FFP is a rigged and unfair system then I hope the new owners are working hard to get around it by any means. Its what everyone else who wants to run a successful football club does so I hope we do too. Sponsorship's , hiding expenses through agents its all fair game in my opinion. 

In bringing in a system to retain the positions of the top clubs, they have fostered an ethos where anyone circumventing it is lauded rather than being decried for cheating. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure where the rumours of usmanov getting involved too came from or if they were total bullshit but kroenke has made an offer to buy arsenal outright (£1.8bn.... :lol: arsenal are worth 225x what we are)

Edited by villa4europe

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not sure where the rumours of usmanov getting involved too came from or if they were total bullshit but kroenke has made an offer to buy arsenal outright (£1.8bn.... :lol: arsenal are worth 225x what we are)

That’s London prices for you.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 4

Â