New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Gutted. If only we had have gone for him in the summer. 

I was really annoyed when they kept Bruce in the summer (but could see why they did it). Most of us could see this coming though and it seems like a big wasted opportunity now.

22 minutes ago, tinker said:

I would prefer John Terry to Henry, Terry is a natural leader and seems to have the character to make difficult choices and enough arrogance. If we're gonna take a gamble then he for me would be a more logical choice 

The bloke with no coaching qualification at all is more logical than the bloke who has been coaching at an elite level for 2 years, the same one alot of people have been expressing worry re: his lack of experience?

I like Terry but I would prefer him to be an Assistant and/or Coach before just throwing him into the deep end.

• Like 4

A thought on the Terry rumours, but as to a wider point; how often do players return/go straight in to managing a team they've only just played for?

It seems a very tricky balance to me as the role of manager is very different to being part of the squad. Forgetting experience etc will the players listen to him in the same way as they would a new face?

You know what it's like at most work places; the people that get promoted from within are often a little more questioned (although often more liked) than the scary new face that comes in with more respect. In a lot of industries the manager does not mix with the workforce yet Terry would have just been one of the 'lads'.

Not sure if there's an answer to that, it's just a thought.