New Manager Speculation

maqroll

22 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Guys....to say that this is signs the new board is looking weak or unprepared is horse shit! I would prefer them to be thorough and get the right man in than rush and get it wrong again.  I expect that  they have got a couple of good advisors in Mendes and the new DOF.

Just sit back and watch.

I agree. Rushing it would be very Wyness / Xia style. 

I am starting to wonder whether it is Rodgers with Terry as FTC or Assistant manager.

We must be negotiating a fee or something because we surely would have somebody sorted by now if they were a free.

If Belgian FA havent been contacted and/or Monaco rumours are true then cant be Henry.

Probably rules out Faria, Sousa with them being out of work.

Leaves Rodgers, Fonseca or Smith from what we can gather from rumours.

Fonseca i cant see leaving Shakhtar for us.

Smith i can see joining us and we would probably need to bring staff with him. Would probably have to pay big compensation so this could be a reasonable guess.

Same with Rodgers as Smith really, Celtic want 2.5 million or have quoted that in the past. We would pay it im sure but would he leave Celtic for us at this stage, im not convinced but then again he always has praise for us.

Then you have Terry which is also interesting after him supposedly being at VP yesterday. I would be worried if Terry becomes manager tbh, im not sure why really but have a hunch that it wouldnt go very well. Would be fairly happy with a Henry/Terry duo.

God i hope it gets sorted quick... i am getting NO work done this week due to this lol

I would prefer John Terry to Henry, Terry is a natural leader and seems to have the character to make difficult choices and enough arrogance. If we're gonna take a gamble then he for me would be a more logical choice 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Henry 4-1 now. Bookies are going to clean up. 

They fooled us for a second time in 3 months! 

We've only fooled ourselves. Football news is always bullshit—just because we're in a manager hunt doesn't make it any less so.

49 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If it was to be Henry and Terry I think it would be done by now. The fact that when Bruce was sacked all his backroom team were sacked at the same time suggested that we already had someone lined up as I don't think you sack all of the first team management and coaching set up without having a replacement in mind.

Well seen as many people think Smith can't do the job without the Brentford team, i wonder if we have cleared the decks for the Brentford lot? ?

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

I would prefer John Terry to Henry, Terry is a natural leader and seems to have the character to make difficult choices and enough arrogance. If we're gonna take a gamble then he for me would be a more logical choice 

Yes but Terry hasnt got a you tube clip with him doing tactics things!

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

However, they may feel that it is the professional thing to do, to go through all the candidates, to be fair to all concerned.

Probably had to wait for the club shop to open to get a hat to put them in.

Edited by CosmicVillan

Every prospective option has probably been told we have little to no room to manuever in January due to FFP. Could be a big factor in any decisions to take this squad on or reject our advances. Probably end up having to settle for the bottom of the barrel. Welcome Pardew!! Either that Or K-Mac til end of season ?