New Manager Speculation

maqroll

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I want a manager who is desperate to come and take this managers job at villa park not someone who can’t make his mind up whether he does or doesn’t want it , next please .

Give it to faria or Rodgers , I don’t think Rodgers will take it personally but at least we should be asking the question .

I agree with that.

but I would prefer us to be desperate the get them.....as opposed to them to be desperate to get us......we've had loads of them type.

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

We should just go for the man he's replacing at Monaco tbf, Jardim. He's exactly the type of manager we want and pisses over all of the candidates we are linked with.

completely agree if he gets the sack but still I'm not sure it is realistic. Is he a mendes client?

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree with that.

but I would prefer us to be desperate the get them.....as opposed to them to be desperate to get us......we've had loads of them type.

Should work both ways , we should fully back the new man and he should be in it for the long haul , the more I read about faria the more impressed I am , I think he and Jt could be a real driving force for us if the options of Henry or Rodgers are not on the table. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

and the nailed on to get us promotion, previous manager has us bang in a similar position as we was when he started.

what a stroke of genius that was. 

and we sweat over a gamble....lets try the complete disaster

lets grow some balls.

Just because the experience manager failed us it doesn’t by default mean the manager will zero experience will work. 

I want us to get Henry. But it’s clearly much more of a risk than an experienced manager. so it’s understandable fans are sceptical.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just because the experience manager failed us it doesn’t by default mean the manager will zero experience will work. 

I want us to get Henry. But it’s clearly much more of a risk than an experienced manager. so it’s understandable fans are sceptical.

is an experienced manager who has previously experienced fair share of setbacks and poor runs, but been a manager for some time......more or less of a risk ..........than one of the brightest young minds in football who has played at the highest level in the game and have been mentored by the best managers in the game.

Its anyone's call.

I just like clean slates, where they can mould good habits......I would think he could download stuff on our players they could only dream of.....He could work on one on ones.

I don't actually think we will get him.....but I can dream.

If it was to be Henry and Terry I think it would be done by now. The fact that when Bruce was sacked all his backroom team were sacked at the same time suggested that we already had someone lined up as I don't think you sack all of the first team management and coaching set up without having a replacement in mind.

Henry and Terry wouldn't present too many problems in terms of negotiating releases from contracts. Henry is an assistant coach with Belgium and Terry not employed at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is someone we haven't even been linked with yet. I would though like to see someone appointed soon as this International break presented an opportunity to get their feet under the table and access the squad (those not away) without a competitive game immediately upon them.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2