New Manager Speculation

maqroll

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If it was to be Henry and Terry I think it would be done by now. The fact that when Bruce was sacked all his backroom team were sacked at the same time suggested that we already had someone lined up as I don't think you sack all of the first team management and coaching set up without having a replacement in mind.

Henry and Terry wouldn't present too many problems in terms of negotiating releases from contracts. Henry is an assistant coach with Belgium and Terry not employed at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if was someone we haven't even been linked with yet. I would though like to see someone appointed soon as this International break presented an opportunity to get their feet under the table and access the squad (those not away) without a competitive game immediately upon them.

I agree Mark

However, they may feel that it is the professional thing to do, to go through all the candidates, to be fair to all concerned.

It is also an Opportunity to listen to all the varying thoughts and presentations, a brainstorming session all CEO'S ,welcome, also for future reference, you never know what is around the corner in this business, its a chance to see and hear whats on the market.

I think they know, who they want, but there may be differences of opinion between owners and CEO, Compromises may have to be reached....prospects will also have varying demands.

It could also have a bearing on the DOF, that may have to be reconciled as to who he will best work with.

Whole heap of aligning to do.

PS 2 weeks down the line, it will be announced, Only one man was ever in it, he was always our man and we have got him......you watch.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silent_Bob said:

Maybe we can resurect this season after all.

well, I'll be stoned.....It'll be a miracle.

Edited by TRO

Also worried that Board is lookinh incompetent. Surely concern was building around Bruce weeks, maybe months ago, in which case a shortlist should have been developed so that we were primed and ready to act quickly.

If, as it looks, we have only spoken to Henry and JT, then shows we are still very kneejerk and not well thought out or considered. This concerns me as I had hoped the infrastructure and decision-making processes at the club had been fixed. 

Being so slow to act in making a new appointment shows that we are still lumbering through in an unstructured, undisciplined way. 

Gives plenty of fuel to Bruce sympathisers in the Media as makes us look like we got rid of him on a whim, despite it being well overdue to say the least. Can see the comments now: "just shows that Villa still have issues/haven't resolved anything/making same mistakes". Does our rep no good in attracting proper Managers either.

• Like 1

Guys....to say that this is signs the new board is looking weak or unprepared is horse shit! I would prefer them to be thorough and get the right man in than rush and get it wrong again.  I expect that  they have got a couple of good advisors in Mendes and the new DOF.

Just sit back and watch.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Also worried that Board is lookinh incompetent. Surely concern was building around Bruce weeks, maybe months ago, in which case a shortlist should have been developed so that we were primed and ready to act quickly.

If, as it looks, we have only spoken to Henry and JT, then shows we are still very kneejerk and not well thought out or considered. This concerns me as I had hoped the infrastructure and decision-making processes at the club had been fixed. 

Being so slow to act in making a new appointment shows that we are still lumbering through in an unstructured, undisciplined way. 

Gives plenty of fuel to Bruce sympathisers in the Media as makes us look like we got rid of him on a whim, despite it being well overdue to say the least. Can see the comments now: "just shows that Villa still have issues/haven't resolved anything/making same mistakes". Does our rep no good in attracting proper Managers either.

well it is like the the one bullet in your gun and the Lion is going to eat you.....you have to kill him.

If we keep missing targets ( presuming he was one and if he wasn't, we look daft again, by who he is joining)we will be tarnishing our reputation.

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If this is true,  it just goes to show that the press know nothing. If this isn’t true, it just goes to show that the press know nothing. 

I know one thing.....a bunch of doe has gone down the chute, straight in to the bookmakers arms.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Guys....to say that this is signs the new board is looking weak or unprepared is horse shit! I would prefer them to be thorough and get the right man in than rush and get it wrong again.  I expect that  they have got a couple of good advisors in Mendes and the new DOF.

Just sit back and watch.

In Mick McCarthy we trust.

• Haha 1