New Manager Speculation

maqroll

I imagine the interviews are going really well until Purslow gets to the subject of the club finances, ffp and transfer policy, when suddenly the candidates start to fidget in their seat, eyes darting around the room looking for an exit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I imagine the interviews are going really well until Purslow gets to the subject of the club finances, ffp and transfer policy, when suddenly the candidates start to fidget in their seat, eyes darting around the room looking for an exit. 

Any manager who has confidence in himself could look at what we've got at the minute and back himself to be very competitive. If not, **** him.

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Shouldn't do really - a good whack of clubs in this division have no money at all - The sale of Grealish will boost our finances - think if the new manager is demanding excessive transfer war chest to get us out of this division, would he be the right bloke anyway ? 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

If Monaco want him we can forget it.

If Monaco want him, it shows the "frightened of our own shadow" approach some have taken.

Edited by TRO

Love the fact no-one in the press has a clue, hate the fact that bookies can use this to laugh all the way to the bank.

Despise the fact that Sky are both press and bookies and really feel they should be investigated for improper practices.

I think if Henry is stalling on the basis of the Monaco job, our owners will find out and that will be him gone from the list of candidates. If he's genuinely delayed to fulfill an obligation with Belgium/say a final final farewell to them (because let's face it by the time we can attract a Belgian international he'll be long gone from here) then fine.  That's all assuming that the rumors the job is his are true.

I still refuse to believe our new owners are that naive that they wouldn't have had a shortlist long before the sacking came.

Rodgers comments were those of a man that is interested. Posturing as he did won't encourage a release of funds for him in January, and if he genuinely didn't want it he just has to say that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Daily Mail are reporting that Jesus is helping us. 

5 loaves and 2 fishes at half time.

The Holte End will be renamed Mount Olive.....& Popeye as a coach, dirty dog.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

they wouldn't have pulled the plug on Bruce and his entire team without already having something lined up

relax and go outside and join the sunshine whilst we wait for the announcement

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

If Monaco want him we can forget it.

I want a manager who is desperate to come and take this managers job at villa park not someone who can’t make his mind up whether he does or doesn’t want it , next please .

Give it to faria or Rodgers , I don’t think Rodgers will take it personally but at least we should be asking the question .

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Love the fact no-one in the press has a clue, hate the fact that bookies can use this to laugh all the way to the bank.

Despise the fact that Sky are both press and bookies and really feel they should be investigated for improper practices.

I think if Henry is stalling on the basis of the Monaco job, our owners will find out and that will be him gone from the list of candidates. If he's genuinely delayed to fulfill an obligation with Belgium/say a final final farewell to them (because let's face it by the time we can attract a Belgian international he'll be long gone from here) then fine.  That's all assuming that the rumors the job is his are true.

I still refuse to believe our new owners are that naive that they wouldn't have had a shortlist long before the sacking came.

Rodgers comments were those of a man that is interested. Posturing as he did won't encourage a release of funds for him in January, and if he genuinely didn't want it he just has to say that.

They are all sounding each other out..We have no idea of their true positions.

I think the club needs a lift.....hope the signing has an air of excitement attached.....We need it.

whoever gets it.....I hope they burst in like Elliot Ness on a Brewery raid....not creep in like a mouse.