Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Once again though, where did the Mendes thing come from? Has there been any statement from the club or a club official? 

I don’t think it’s the kind of thing that a club would ‘announce’ really. It hasn’t been denied by anyone, and Bruce alluded to it in one of his press conferences saying he was happy to work with any agent.

2 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I don’t think it’s the kind of thing that a club would ‘announce’ really. It hasn’t been denied by anyone, and Bruce alluded to it in one of his press conferences saying he was happy to work with any agent.

So again it's rumour and Twitter, he was presumably answering a question put to him asking that point without any knowledge of if he was expected to work with an agent or not. 

Well, I had an interesting walk to work this morning!!! I work and live in the city centre, walking down Corporation steer. Who walks towards me? Gregg from the Mail! 

I said hello, couldnt resist stopping him and asking what he thinks we’ll be doing today.

He said he can’t see any incomings today and that we will wait untill the end of the month to bring in a striker. Said he thinks Grealish is 50/50 but also said that he wasn’t in the office yesterday.

Also said about Fulham and Bryan but we all know that anyway. Nice guy. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Maybe there's a couple of Mendes deals being worked on today.  You know, just in case.....

I would think those deals would be loan deals with a promise to buy (at an inflated price) if promoted. So wouldn't expect any today, but later this month.

I see those deals as quite dangerous. They could get us out of this league, but also make sure that we go straight back to the Championship again. That could easily happen if we need to spend our money on sub-standard players instead of what we actuallly need to stay in the division.

40 minutes ago, deeps said:

Didn’t Boro get their striker yesterday? 

Yep - Hugill signed for a season long loan who seems much more of a Pulis signing. 

From links yesterday: 

McGinn - done 

Grealish - either i) devastated and never signing a new contract with Villa  ; ii) Spurs finally come back with an offer that is worthy or consideration; or  iii) he stay at his boyhood club that he might play premier league football next season, signs a new contract and might have a team built around him at

Bryan - looks dead in the water

Success/Abraham/Nmecha - any further developments do we know of?

Think we still need LB/CB/Winger/ST. Actually rather pleased about this loan extension, means that we can still do business whilst knowing our 1st team won't get pinched. 

Could really do with some players going out the door though. Squad is still very large... 

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Success/Abraham/Nmecha - any further developments do we know of?

I understand Abraham is our top target up front, but he's holding out for a PL move. Nmecha is the back up if we don't get him. 

I don't expect anything to happen on these today as it all depends on whether a PL club comes in for Abraham. If not, I imagine there'll be movement on that in the next week or so. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is nobody else concerned about central defence? We didn’t see Axel much last season but he looks raw. Elphick looks finished. 

Maybe the club will be working on loans over the next few weeks. 

How does elphick look finished? I thought he had a solid game and he scored a great headed goal

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How does elphick look finished? I thought he had a solid game and he scored a great headed goal

He's a mistake waiting to happen. He can't be trusted at all. Terrible defender. Even against Hull there was a moment where he tried to control the ball but completely ballsed it up and Hull were through and should have scored. Can't keep gifting chances away like that in any league. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He's a mistake waiting to happen. He can't be trusted at all. Terrible defender. Even against Hull there was a moment where he tried to control the ball but completely ballsed it up and Hull were through and should have scored. Can't keep gifting chances away like that in any league. 

agree with this. I thought he looked very shaky and I'm not convinced at all by his performance on monday. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

You see, in my opinion he was at fault for the goal, I know the stats won't show that, but would Terry or even Baker have let that ball in? No chance. However that pass was terrible, if it had been made by Whelan instead of Grealish it would have been called a total hospital pass, across the middle bouncing at an awkward height and with some pace on it, sure, a top player would still have controlled it, but there aren't too many of them in this division. 

I think he's a more than capable backup but wouldn't trust him as first choice all season, think mid table Championship is about his level as he's fairly timid and probe to the odd error, but he showed last season when Terry was injured he's a more than capable defender and I'd keep him as long as there are 2 better defenders ahead of him in the pecking order

9 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

agree with this. I thought he looked very shaky and I'm not convinced at all by his performance on monday. 

He looked like that was his last game for us, not interested, not even celebrating the goal, not even trying to defend their shot on goal. Rubbish.

He's probably well aware that he's not going to get game time. Wish his move to Reading would have come off for him.  I've got more time for him than some guy who wants to sit on Fulhams bench.

Edited by dubbs

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is nobody else concerned about central defence? We didn’t see Axel much last season but he looks raw. Elphick looks finished. 

Maybe the club will be working on loans over the next few weeks. 

Yes I am, I feel we are a little exposed if we suffer some injuries in that position. Same thoughts for CF position with Kodjia and Hogan. I imagine some loans will take place to fill in the gaps at CB/CF between now and end of August.

Â