Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Being linked with jay da silva from Chelsea at left back. I heard he is in the mould of a young Ashley Cole. My friend says this guy looks class.

Hope there is legs into this 

Just watched his highlights from last season at Charlton...

Looks a great little player, very good technically and very quick.  Would be slightly concerned about how light weight he is though - I think he'd have to play as a wingback rather than a traditional LB.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

How does elphick look finished? I thought he had a solid game and he scored a great headed goal

Ok finished is a bit harsh. But I have no confidence in him at the back. Guaranteed at least one big error per game.  There is no way we are getting promoted if he is our main centre half with Chester.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok finished is a bit harsh. But I have no confidence in him at the back. Guaranteed at least one big error per game.  There is no way we are getting promoted if he is our main centre half with Chester.

Tuanzebe?

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hard to tell. Looked raw last season. Could end being class this season. Hope so. 

I think he looked pretty talented, raw like you say but that’s what he’s here for essentially. 

Elphick did well for us when Terry was injured in Christmas/January. He needs games for us - I still think there's a player there. I suspect Bruce isn't that fussed though and Axel and Chester will be the starters. Have Suliman or Bedeau featured at all in pre-season?

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

We need a left back so badly.

I believe the club knows this too as demonstrated by the attempted move for Bryan. think we'll see one come in on a loan.

46 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

The Daily Mail are claiming that we're considering a deadline day move for Dijon striker Julio Tavares.

Here.

Never heard of him but he looks like a target man.

You will be the fool of the year if you believe this Taveres rumour! He is 29 so is unlikely. 

47 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Just watched his highlights from last season at Charlton...

Looks a great little player, very good technically and very quick.  Would be slightly concerned about how light weight he is though - I think he'd have to play as a wingback rather than a traditional LB.

Same applied to Bryan. I think Bruce is looking at wingbacks. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Same applied to Bryan. I think Bruce is looking at wingbacks. 

According to Google Joe Bryan is 8kg heavier than Jay Desilva, hence my concern ?

No seriously, I'm glad he is looking at wingbacks and this guy looks ideal in that role.  Plus I really want to get one over Bristol City!!

2 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

According to Google Joe Bryan is 8kg heavier than Jay Desilva, hence my concern ?

No seriously, I'm glad he is looking at wingbacks and this guy looks ideal in that role.  Plus I really want to get one over Bristol City!!

To clarify, I didn't mean Bryan was lightweight, just that people who've watched him described as more as a wingback - good going forward, but not so good defensively. 

It's nice that we're being active now, and great that it looks like we're holding on to everyone, but the only position we have strongly strenghtened is centre mid, where we already have a surfeit of players.

There's still a lot to do if we want to get a top 2 squad together IMO. 

Â