Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I would loan or sell the guys in bold. There may be others worth a mention but these are the guys the OS has down as first team squad (Although a few don't have numbers) and Nyland and McGinn haven't been added yet.

GK - Nyland, Steer, Moreira, Bunn, Sarkic

DR - Hutton, DeLaet, Bree, Elmohamady
DL - Taylor
DC - Chester, Elphick, Tuanzebe, [Richards]

DM - Jedinak, Whelan, Lyden
MC - Grealish, Hourihane, Bjarnasson, McGinn, Lansbury, Gardner, Tshibola, Doyle-Hayes

RW - Adomah, O'Hare
LW - Green

ST - Kodjia, Hogan, Davis, RHM, [McCormack]

Centre Backs, Wingers and a Left Back surely the priority signings for the balance of the squad however much we rate the players themselves. Sure we can move Jedinak to CB or Kodjia to the wing etc but it can't be the plan. A big Striker would cheer everyone up and upgrading Elphick with 2 incoming CB's would be ideal imo.

We were linked to Jonas Knudsen earlier so he might be the alternative if the Bryan deal doesn't happen. He has 4 goals and 9 assists for Ipswich in 120 odd games and seems highly rated by them after reading some forums, he was also part of the Denmark squad at the world cup and most importantly has a long throw, sign him up

With all the Bryan shenanigans no doubt we will be after another left back. The reality is it’s deadline day for permanent transfers, so it’s unlikely we will sign one permanently now - more likely to be a loan before the end of the month, which is frustrating!

From what I can gather from the sensible reporting is that Bryan will go Fulham if they don’t sign Targett. If this had all indeed happened and he isn’t unveiled first thing then I hope Nassef tells him to do one, you can’t start your villa career like this. 

5 hours ago, Bunnski said:

We were linked to Jonas Knudsen earlier so he might be the alternative if the Bryan deal doesn't happen. He has 4 goals and 9 assists for Ipswich in 120 odd games and seems highly rated by them after reading some forums, he was also part of the Denmark squad at the world cup and most importantly has a long throw, sign him up

Mmmm....I’m not sure on him to be honest mate. Plenty of Ipswich fans question his positioning and a lacof pace that leaves him very susceptible to quick wingers. Oh well let’s see how this all unfolds ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Do you think we’ll sign another CB, or will we stick with Chester and Tuanzebe as the main two with Elphick as back up? 

Cant see it mate, seems a bit too late? Would be great though. Either way I am giddy with how this window has gone. Compared to how I thought it would go in June. I am happy. 

As the squad currently stands we are overall arguably weaker than last season. Although on the plus side we have Grealish and Kodija back. 

Plus the team have a year of championship experience. It’s hard to tell how we will do. Could do with a few more additions. 

3 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I’m surprised we haven’t signed more Mendes players, not even linked to anyone. 

I am a bit but I'm pleased that Bruce hasn't brought in ageing players with no pace. I think we will be in a better position than last season if we sign a LB and bring in another ST. A winger would be the icing on the cake but I doubt we will see 3 signings today, but you never know.

Hope we find another left back. Taylor is **** useless. If i had the choice  I would  groom bree at left back ahead of Taylor. Have hutton at th for now fighting it out with RDL

Edited by Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I’m surprised we haven’t signed more Mendes players, not even linked to anyone. 

Once again though, where did the Mendes thing come from? Has there been any statement from the club or a club official? 

Â