Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

It's nice that we're being active now, and great that it looks like we're holding on to everyone, but the only position we have strongly strenghtened is centre mid, where we already have a surfeit of players.

There's still a lot to do if we want to get a top 2 squad together IMO. 

Loan window is open until the end of August, we've still got plenty of time to strengthen.

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

The Daily Mail are claiming that we're considering a deadline day move for Dijon striker Julio Tavares.

Here.

Never heard of him but he looks like a target man.

"It only takes a minute" to sign him so this could well be a deal that we make just before the transfer window slams shut. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lukas Nmecha gone to Preston

Preston North End have beaten off a host of clubs to sign Manchester City’s England U21 striker Lukas Nmecha on a season-long loan.

The German-born centre forward, who played in Aidy Boothroyd’s Toulon Tournament winning young Lions squad in the summer, completed his move at Deepdale on transfer deadline day and, subject to the appropriate clearances, will be available to make his debut at Swansea City on Saturday.

Lukas, who has taken the No.45 shirt in Alex Neil’s squad at Deepdale, has played for England through all the age groups, also winning the EUROs in 2017 with the U19s.

He has been with City through their youth system for over a decade, making his senior debut for Pep Guardiola’s side in the EFL Cup in December 2017, scoring the third penalty in their penalty shootout win over Leicester City.

Looks like we are not signing this chap on loan then.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Lukas Nmecha gone to Preston

Preston North End have beaten off a host of clubs to sign Manchester City’s England U21 striker Lukas Nmecha on a season-long loan.

The German-born centre forward, who played in Aidy Boothroyd’s Toulon Tournament winning young Lions squad in the summer, completed his move at Deepdale on transfer deadline day and, subject to the appropriate clearances, will be available to make his debut at Swansea City on Saturday.

Lukas, who has taken the No.45 shirt in Alex Neil’s squad at Deepdale, has played for England through all the age groups, also winning the EUROs in 2017 with the U19s.

He has been with City through their youth system for over a decade, making his senior debut for Pep Guardiola’s side in the EFL Cup in December 2017, scoring the third penalty in their penalty shootout win over Leicester City.

Looks like we are not signing this chap on loan then.

You beat me to it :D

Hmm i wonder why we didn't follow this up. He would havw come to us ahead of Preston if we were serious.

Be interesting to see how good he does. I think Bruce is holding out for Abraham whixh I think is a bad mistake.  He isn't come here. 

I think ulloa will be the backup option

Swansea have beaten us to Sean Clare (Pity as he would have been a good pickup)

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

SWANSEA CLOSE ON CLARE

Swansea look to beaten Aston Villa and Leeds to the signing of former Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Sean Clare, Sky Sports Newsunderstands.

The 21-year-old is a free agent after turning down a new long-term contract at Wednesday, who would receive compensation as the player is under 23.

It is understood Clare met with Graham Potter last week and a deal will be concluded tomorrow as the player is a free agent and able to sign outside the window.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm i wonder why we didn't follow this up. He would havw come to us ahead of Preston if we were serious.

Be interesting to see how good he does. I think Bruce is holding out for Abraham whixh I think is a bad mistake.  He isn't come here. 

I think ulloa will be the backup option

Not necessarily, playing for Preston means not having to move home.

With Nmecha going to Preston, I hope it means we have someone else lined up. Premier League teams can’t make loan signings after today I believe, so hopefully it’ll push Abraham towards us.

Really can’t see him getting many/any games at Chelsea if he wants to stick around and fight for his place there. 

Â