Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, kingysilvers said:

Trying to keep track of where we're at squad depth-wise, using the formation from the last game I've got this so far:

image.png.aba1f77bfd755102c894115c67e903b3.png

Cover for those wide positions seems like a must. 

left back, winger and striker look the most pressing looking at that

1 minute ago, paul1984 said:

it could also be because they aren't very good.

one of them wasn't doing well in league 2 last year

I'm not familiar with the CBs so that could be the case.

However players like O'Hare and Doyle-Hayes barely got a look in too and they seem to be decent for this level. Green on Monday was dropped despite playing and excelling in all the preseason games. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingysilvers said:

Trying to keep track of where we're at squad depth-wise, using the formation from the last game I've got this so far:

Cheers for this. I wonder what odds I can get on seeing our god emperor Alan Hutton playing as a winger this season? I reckon Bruce might try it :)  Speaking of which You might add Hutton to CB as well as Bruce has already played him there. What the hell..... just put Hutton everywhere  :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingysilvers said:

can't wait to see the Hutton twins and the Jedinak boys finally playing together :D

1 minute ago, paul1984 said:

it could also be because they aren't very good.

one of them wasn't doing well in league 2 last year

This is the real reason, people seem to just think we can put our youth players in because they are excellent at youth level. Doesn't work like that at all, the fact is if they were ready to play Bruce would play them. He will want to win every game possible and wouldn't be ignoring players that are good enough because of their age. 

Remember when Bruce gave youth a chance against Peterborough and they beat us, then everyone slated Bruce. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Cheers for this. I wonder what odds I can get on seeing our god emperor Alan Hutton playing as a winger this season? :)  Speaking of which You might add Hutton to CB as well as Bruce has already played him there. What the hell just put Hutton everywhere :)

I posted to that effect a couple of days ago. 

IMG_20180807_163518.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

After yesterday's excitement, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms today. 

Bruce must have some plans for CB, surely? Earlier in the window there was talk of that Trent Sainsbury chap who went to PSV and Toni Leistner who went to QPR. All has gone quiet on the CB front since. 

I think we are alright at CB.

LB, Winger, Striker surely has to be the priority

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

danny ings looking for a loan move, anyone fancy him with the system we play?

Not on a million. He will likely never be the same again and will almost certainly spend large amounts of his future career injured. 

Â