Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

35 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

The summer we signed all those French players was super exciting until it turned out (in about mid-September) we were going to be relegated.

We didn’t have players to help these new players to settle. We were not scoring goals for around 3 months before Sherwood came who had 4 players playing attacking football (Tekkers, Jack, Delph and Cleverly) we had our form, 4 wins, and our luck run out in our last three games (Saints, Burnley and the cup final).

We haven’t replaced Benteke, nor had a proper cb. All the french players were good and promising.

Look at Gana, Amavi, Veretout and even Adama.

Its just that they came in the worst time. Had we win that game against Leicester, it would have been another season than what we’ve seen. Leicester wouldn’t have win the title, we will atleast had our chance fighting to survive till the end of the season.

Anyway we needed a change and a gamble, we were distened to go down anyway. 

Without Benteke we would have gone down in Lambert first season.

Still remains to be seen what happens with Grealish, McGinn could just be the obvious replacement feel there is a long way to go and the media will twist it this way and that as they always do. 

If Grealish stays I guess McGinn adds to the squad. Bruce has said a few times that he should of rotated more but obviously didnt feel he had the players to do so. Hourihane in particular was non existent at Wembley and struggled for spells in season when he looked knackered. Grealish too has never played 46 games straight so we do need options. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Too many changes at once - almost always a recipe for disaster. We've done this before - got excited with all the new names (Amavi, Gueye, Vlaar, Bacuna, Luna, etc.) and then decided they were all shit due to them playing like the bunch of strangers they were, rather than a team. 

It's not time to chuck out Hutton, Hourihane, Jedinak, etc. just yet. New lads start on the bench. 

I agree with that, but remember that season we had our most important players changed. This season mostly are players who we are happy to see them changed.

We will still have two of: Hutton, De light and Elmo.

Hourihane, Thor, Jedi, Whelan, Lansbury. Atleast three of those will be here.

Kodjia and Adomah aren’t surely leaving.

All of those will have their chances, actually we’re more afraid that Bruce won’t have the courage to introduce the new guys. ?

• Like 1

I never thought I could be so excited by players by the name of McGinn, Bryan and Grealish. I prefer to use there real names of McGinnaldo, Robryan Carlos and Grealishinho. 

The future looks bright, didn’t think this would be the case a few weeks ago! UTV!

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What have I missed today?

Shania Twain won the internet, Jack Burton showed up and rescued the golden one, Best puns were about buying Success and it all felt a a bit Trainspotting for a bit when all those 'high' bees turned up. Madness.

Â