Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Axel is an interesting player. I have genuinely never seen anything in him to suggest that he should be playing in the PL. His reading of the game and anticipation is awful. He is poor on the ball. He constantly loses his man. He dives in. Just watch the first goal that Chelsea score against us. It’s so easy to prevent and yet we make it so easy for them to score. 
So why do we keep bringing him in on loan? The club obviously see something in him but what is it? He seems like a good bloke and probably is very professional but are we really considering bringing him in permanently? I can’t see him coming here to warm the bench so if we are interested then we obviously see him as a starter. I just can’t see it.

• Like 3

On 23/10/2021 at 17:41, KAZZAM said:

He's shite. Never understood why we payed to loan him in. 

Hause is better and atleast is good in the air. 

Axel caused so much confusion vs Arsenal. 

He was poor vs Barrow and in nearly all of his performances since then. Starting to think is a clause that he has to play 

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was poor vs Barrow and in nearly all of his performances since then. Starting to think is a clause that he has to play 

If there is a clause we are no way run as well as we all want to believe. 

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Hoping I am wrong, just feels similar to Barkley last season. The only other thing is that Smith thinks he can play his way back into form. Its even more risky for a centre back

Think he's playing by virtue of circumstance.  Hopefully with Bailey back to full fitness, we'll be going back to a front 3 (pick your preferred 3), and a back 4.

If we continue with a back 5 for any longer I'll be questioning the reasons.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

i thought those clauses were pretty much myths?

there are clauses that mean that we have to pay utd more if he doesn't play but they cant insert a "must play when fit" clause

12 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Aston Villa do not do clauses to ensure a player plays very much like Aston Villa do not do release clauses 

Hold on a minute.............................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Surprised that no one is talking about the fact that Tuanzebe was brought on as a 6 the other night. 

Evans (cough) mentioned it in an Athletic summary too. 

Was the same vs Leicester he played bit more advanced

35 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Surprised that no one is talking about the fact that Tuanzebe was brought on as a 6 the other night. 

Evans (cough) mentioned it in an Athletic summary too. 

Good point.  How did he cope? I don't recall him having much, if anything, to do.  Nor in the Leicester game. 

I imagine with Nakamba out it will be either him or Iroegbunam to take on the role next game....

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Good point.  How did he cope? I don't recall him having much, if anything, to do.  Nor in the Leicester game. 

I imagine with Nakamba out it will be either him or Iroegbunam to take on the role next game....

For me it was more the fact that Gerrard brought him on to play that role. He moved Luiz forward to do it and opted not to bring Iroegbunam on in that role (which is his actual position). 

Perhaps he has seen something in training?

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

For me it was more the fact that Gerrard brought him on to play that role. He moved Luiz forward to do it and opted not to bring Iroegbunam on in that role (which is his actual position). 

It might say more about Iroegbunam and his inexperience than anything about Tuanzebe.

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I believe Smith played him at DM a bit early on this season as well. I think he's just trying out several ideas that have always been around.

Playing Young as a winger is another one. Smith started him as a winger and then pretty much never played him as a winger again. Gerrard comes in, and decides to retry that idea and after seeing more results, has been sticking with it.

Â