Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Bit of Twitter panic that Axel is getting recalled   to United due to the Maguire injury after he’s posted a random midweek declaration of love and thanks to the Villa fans on his Insta story.

Presumably he can’t be recalled outside of a transfer window because he’s registered with our squad?

Very random that. Especially a week after we beat his employers. 

He's a decent defender. I'd be ok if we signed him but he's not 'Great' imo. We looked shaky with him and Hause Vs Barrow and Vs Chelsea we really relied on Hause making up for Axel being turned inside out.

He's a nice addition to the squad and a worthy backup to Konsa but he isn't somebody I would class as Great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can understand the panic because of how we've been burned before but all the talk is that he really does love it at Villa so I'd imagine he was just communicating that. To go from his role at United to being an important part of the set-up at Villa and loved by the manager and (most) fans must be like night and day for him. Seems a great lad and is a good player to boot, think he'll prove to be a smart signing again.

Edited by Indigo

20 hours ago, Indigo said:

Can understand the panic because of how we've been burned before but all the talk is that he really does love it at Villa so I'd imagine he was just communicating that. To go from his role at United to being an important part of the set-up at Villa and loved by the manager and (most) fans must be like night and day for him. Seems a great lad and is a good player to boot, think he'll prove to be a smart signing again.

He will definately.

I was delighted to discover he was coming back, albeit on loan, but still a great signing.

I hope we can negotiate something at the end of the loan deal to table a decent offer to sign him perminately in 2022.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's a decent defender. I'd be ok if we signed him but he's not 'Great' imo. We looked shaky with him and Hause Vs Barrow and Vs Chelsea we really relied on Hause making up for Axel being turned inside out.

He's a nice addition to the squad and a worthy backup to Konsa but he isn't somebody I would class as Great

He's better than decent. 

The issue for me is over his fitness and injury record rather than his undeniable quality. Still only 23 as well and absolutely rapid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

He's better than decent. 

The issue for me is over his fitness and injury record rather than his undeniable quality. Still only 23 as well and absolutely rapid.

Quickest in the squad, along with Bailey, according to Ings.

• 2 weeks later...
Â