Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Doubt the loan fee was anything like £5m when Napoli are paying £500,000.

£5m (salary included) was the reported fee when we loaned him in August.

On 01/01/2022 at 11:08, Jareth said:

Another loan with no option, what is wrong with Axel - I figured him asking to leave us and go to Italy for games was him finally putting his foot down for his career.

If he has a good 6 months, United will price Napoli out of a permanent move for him. I hope not for his sake but at some point he needs to take control of his career. Signing a 1 year extension at United before coming here was a bad move imo.

All the best Axel but learn to be more selfish.

• Like 1

It seems he has chosen to move to them rather than to us, or they offered have Newton Heath more for him, if there was any agreed sale as part of the loan move. I can't see him getting many more games in Italy in the long run, but if the choice was his to make it was up to him (much the same as signing contracts at a club where he had no likely first team future). I will remember his previous contributions to us and that day at Wembley, rather than this current loan period. He looks like he has regressed, but staying with Newton Heath and sitting on their bench (at best) can do that to players.  

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He knows he won’t dislodge Mings and Konsa so can understand the move. I also think he’ll smash it in Italy. It’s a shit league. Good luck to him. 

I remember all them shit Italian players especially the defenders from Euro 2020. I wonder what league most of them played in

Axel Maldini

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

If he joined us after the first loan his career would have been so different.

Yep, he’d probably be on loan at Sheffield Wednesday or similar as still wouldn’t be good enough for a regular starting berth in the premier league. 

Sadly, I think the championship is his level - nice bloke but not good enough for top flight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Yep, he’d probably be on loan at Sheffield Wednesday or similar as still wouldn’t be good enough for a regular starting berth in the premier league. 

Sadly, I think the championship is his level - nice bloke but not good enough for top flight. 

I think in 2019 he had as much potential as Konsa but one has played weekly and the other sat on the bench for 2 years 

• Like 4

Just hope we don't get an defensive injury crisis. I can't see him ever playing for united regularly so surely a permeant transfer in the summer for him. He has only ever been a regular starter for us in 1 of the 3 loans periods at Villa. He needs games somewhere, anywhere, to get his career going again.

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think in 2019 he had as much potential as Konsa but one has played weekly and the other sat on the bench for 2 years 

Yep agree, I think there is a real player in there and I think it's good he's going somewhere that he'll play, as much as i'd like to keep him as a quality backup.

Watch him do well in Italy because he will get more time on the ball, it's less intensive, and watch our fans say we should have played him more etc.

Seen the same with Guilbert. I'm happy that Guilbert has done well but context please. Premier League is a very different league.

Â