Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Wonder if United will recall him in Jan to cover Covid absences…I doubt we’ve played him as much as they would have liked.

It was a loan that never really made sense for Utd or the player. For us, fine as a third choice central defender and makeshift 6 but why they allowed him to come here when Mings and Konsa are so set is beyond me. He was never displacing Konsa and Mings is our leader in the back 4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was a loan that never really made sense for Utd or the player. For us, fine as a third choice central defender and makeshift 6 but why they allowed him to come here when Mings and Konsa are so set is beyond me. He was never displacing Konsa and Mings is our leader in the back 4. 

United had no plans to need him and got him off their wage bill

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From Manures point of view I imagine they feel this loan has worked out about as well as we think the Barry loan to Ipswich has. Can see if they want to relocate him and honestly I could see us feeling the same if we have someone else coming in.

38 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

As soon as the back 5 was ditched his days were numbered.

I was a fan of his, but he didn't look great when he played, mind you most of the squad was poor at that time.

Thought it was interesting that Gerrard utilised him as a holding midfielder, a position he’s played a fair bit at United. He’s a good squad player because of his diversity across the pitch however he’s definitely not Top 4 material it would seem. Can’t see us letting him go back early 

19 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Thought it was interesting that Gerrard utilised him as a holding midfielder, a position he’s played a fair bit at United. He’s a good squad player because of his diversity across the pitch however he’s definitely not Top 4 material it would seem. Can’t see us letting him go back early 

4 career games in midfield at Manure according to Transfermarkt.

1 hour ago, sne said:

4 career games in midfield at Manure according to Transfermarkt.

Possibly in the first team, but I know he was very much utilised as a CDM + RB coming through their ranks. It’s not a strange position to him or one of those “let’s convert him” jobs 

5 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Possibly in the first team, but I know he was very much utilised as a CDM + RB coming through their ranks. It’s not a strange position to him or one of those “let’s convert him” jobs 

Fair enough. They only list senior football, PL 2 and international games from youth level. Maybe he played a lot as DCM when he was a teenager at 15-16?

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Fair enough. They only list senior football, PL 2 and international games from youth level. Maybe he played a lot as DCM when he was a teenager at 15-16?

From what I remember he was basically going to become a DCM or a RB, and eventually kinda cemented himself as a CB. Obviously we saw him used at RB previously for us too, maybe even in midfield for one or two games 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Always felt this one was more of a nostalgia signing. 

Hause is at least as good as him and more reliable. 

We never really needed Tuanzebe. 

So if both Mings and Konsa can't play what would we do?

He is decent cover and I don't really see the point of sending him back to United and then getting another player on loan from Liverpool for 6 months.

However not sure he we really want to sign him and I think this could well be his third and final spell with us. 

Â