Josh Onomah

skarroki

I am reluctant to use age as an excuse having seen Gray, little & deehan in action all under 20..... but these 2 lads look tired and laboured, not sharp at all.

look like they need a rest mentally.

Was by far our worst player. He just kept passing the ball straight to them or straight out of play. Also, he missed a couple of chances at least to counter by dallying on the ball and getting tackled. 

Like others have said, he needs dropping and I'm guessing it will be Lansbury or Grealish that get the nod against Millwall although, I'd like to see O'Hare given a game. 

• Like 1

Spoke to a Spurs fan about Onomah who didn't rate him at all.

Can't pass, can't tackle, isn't an attacking or defensive midfielder and doesn't score many goals. Spurs fan's words, not mine.

For the most part we're seeing that apraisal in a Villa shirt so it's time Bruce benches him and plays one of O'Hare, Lansbury or Grealish who imo are better players.

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Spoke to a Spurs fan about Onomah who didn't rate him at all.

Can't pass, can't tackle, isn't an attacking or defensive midfielder and doesn't score many goals. Spurs fan's words, not mine.

For the most part we're seeing that apraisal in a Villa shirt so it's time Bruce benches him and plays one of O'Hare, Lansbury or Grealish who imo are better players.

I'm not seeing this 'O'Hare is a better player ' stuff. Has he even played 90 minutes of senior football yet?

Villa fans are a funny bunch. One bad game and suddenly he is the next Micky Boulding. The guy has tonnes of ability and has been standout for us in plenty of games. He along with Davis have helped change our season around. He is a young lad and will be inconsistent. Stick with him.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Villa fans are a funny bunch. One bad game and suddenly he is the next Micky Boulding. The guy has tonnes of ability and has been standout for us in plenty of games. He along with Davis have helped change our season around. He is a young lad and will be inconsistent. Stick with him.  

He has shown quality and he's clearly talented. The idea that o'hare is better is laughable. He was awful in the last game and the sign of a healthy squad is that we replace him with a good player and now it's up to him to get himself back in there. 

• Like 2

Looked tired last night and could do with a rest. However, I think he keeps his place next match as Snodgrass is suspended. Jack will go on the left with Albert going to the right. You don't want to make too many changes to a settled side.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Looked tired last night and could do with a rest. However, I think he keeps his place next match as Snodgrass is suspended. Jack will go on the left with Albert going to the right. You don't want to make too many changes to a settled side.

I reckon it’ll just be Elmo in for Snoddy. Keep Albert on the left.

Maybe jack in for josh.

He's been a big part of the good results this season, some knee jerk reactions to a performance where probably only Chester was solid all evening. Tactically in the first half any attacking midfielder would have struggled living off scraps. In a home game against Milwall he keeps his place for me. Lansbury has shown nothing to be able to just come back into starting place, and Grealish will ease his way back into the team somewhere, but he's the epitome of the 1 performance in 4 etc that some have mentioned about Onomah.

Edited by Trickster

Â