Josh Onomah

skarroki

I'd rather see us playing our talents than Spurs talents especially if there is no future for Onomah at Villa after this season. I also don't see a huge gulf in ability between Onomah and Grealish, so I don't see a reason to favor Onomah over Grealish unless it's done tactically against a certain team. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is kind of where I'm coming from.

I don't mean to pick on @KSV as I've seen other people say it. And maybe KSV and others have seen a lot of youth games and know what O'Hare can do.

Personally I think Onomah has more potential. That's due to him actually putting in SOME very good performances for us. Some of his performances have been absolute dog shit too, but it would suggest to me that if he coudl add consistency to his game, he'd be a pretty good player.

All I've seen from O'Hare is a couple of sub appearances and a cup game where he did look good in very small flashes.

Now I'm happy to admit that I haven't seen O'Hare play very much at all, so if he DOES have more potential, I can understand that point of view and I'm assuming it will become apparent when he gets more game time for us.

I'm just surprised so many people have seen enough of him to come to this conclusion.

Pick away my friend. I just dont see what the fuss is about Onomah. He scored a couple of deflected shots.. got 1 assist? To be fair to him i dont think hes being played in his correct position. I see him more of a box to box. He is definately not an attacking midfielder.

O'Hare is raw.. but he hasnt gone on loan or been given games. I think not sending him out on loan this season was a huge mistake. Hes far too good for the under 23s. I have seen him 5-6 times for the youth when its on youtube. Saw him at the Hong Kong tournament and few first team league cup games. His energy is just amazing. He does not stop running. Hes quicker than Onomah and i think he would do alot more if he had just as many games. But thats football isnt it.. all opinions. 

Just because hes played for England youth more than O'Hare doesnt mean shit.. hes a bit younger.. but also the bigger clubs tend to get picked regardless of talent. If your a Man Utd kid.. hey your straight in. 

• Like 1

Onomah joining the Now massed ranks of players who are useless apparently....Whelan, Lansbury, Hogan etc........

Or is there another cause of his/ their poor play ?

Now what other cause could there possibly be ? Hmmmm.........

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VanDerVaart said:

I wonder why that is ...

Yup. Been saying for a while that's where he should be playing. He's done well in some games playing off Davis but he doesn't have the creativity to do well there consistently. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I can't imagine spurs will be too thrilled

Not really the best way to develop a cm, play him as a lone striker. 

We didn't really have many other options, the squad is stretched at the minute. Personally, I can't wait to send him back to Spurs

So the defensive midfielder we loaned in doesn't work as attacking midfielder or striker?!

Is there some other position we could try him at, like I don't know central midfield maybe?

Play him in central midfield or send him back, we're not doing us, him or Spurs any favor by playing him out of position.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, sne said:

So the defensive midfielder we loaned in doesn't work as attacking midfielder or striker?!

Is there some other position we could try him at, like I don't know central midfield maybe?

Play him in central midfield or send him back, we're not doing us, him or Spurs any favor by playing him out of position.

Agree with this

1 hour ago, sne said:

Who in their right mind plays a young player out of position?

Â