Josh Onomah

skarroki

Just now, Czechlad said:

I do get why we play Onomah. He suits our style and it would be a risk to switch him for Grealish or O'hare. But what happens if we are promoted and Spurs refuse to sell us Onomah or loan him again? Then we are now in the premier league and experimenting with new attacking mids.  

I am probably thinking too far ahead, but I don't want to see us get screwed over by spurs. 

If Grealish and O'Hare can't cut it in the Premier League then we need to cut our ties and not give in to sentimentality too.  If they can then great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

So you agree with me?

I see your point yeah......I would still stay with Onomah.

With the odd exception, we don't seem to breed many from the academy with physical stature

if you are the more diminuitive stature or not as physically aggressive, you have to have the guile to clearly hurt the opposition regularly.

i.e Brian Liitle

Going for promotion you cannot carry passengers.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

If Grealish and O'Hare can't cut it in the Premier League then we need to cut our ties and not give in to sentimentality too.  If they can then great.

Personally i have more patience with O'Hare out of the 2 despite him being smaller and younger.

I fear, we could end up with a situation, like Bannon and Davis if we act too hastily.

If Jack can stay on his feet and go for the jugular i might have more patience.

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I do get why we play Onomah. He suits our style and it would be a risk to switch him for Grealish or O'hare. But what happens if we are promoted and Spurs refuse to sell us Onomah or loan him again? Then we are now in the premier league and experimenting with new attacking mids.  

I am probably thinking too far ahead, but I don't want to see us get screwed over by spurs. 

Its a fair comment......i think the powers that be, will be looking at all the loanee''s and planning for the possibility of their absence.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Personally i have more patience with O'Hare out of the 2 despite him being smaller and younger.

I fear, we could end up with a situation, like Bannon and Davis if we act too hastily.

If Jack can stay on his feet and go for the jugular i might have more patience.

Fearing a Bannan situation?  He plays for a mid-table Championship club.  Similarly Johnson and Robinson.  That's not where we want to be, even if it's where we find ourselves right now.  Davis yes, that was a booboo, but despite many of our youth side going on to forge decent careers in the lower leagues having been sold downwards by us (I don't include Cahill for example), there are very few who I genuinely regret losing and who I think we would've done well to hold on to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Fearing a Bannan situation?  He plays for a mid-table Championship club.  Similarly Johnson and Robinson.  That's not where we want to be, even if it's where we find ourselves right now.  Davis yes, that was a booboo, but despite many of our youth side going on to forge decent careers in the lower leagues having been sold downwards by us (I don't include Cahill for example), there are very few who I genuinely regret losing and who I think we would've done well to hold on to.

I think Callum has the makings of a fine player......I do have a tiny worry about his ability to resist bullies. he can get easily taken out and with these refs who seem more used to dealing with Mad Max in the thunderdrome, i have concerns.

it seems to me, these kind of players take a bit longer to adjust to the rigours, due to their stature......they take a bit longer to physically mature.....but i love his quick feet and quick thinking in tight situations.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think Callum has the makings of a fine player......I do have a tiny worry about his ability to resist bullies. he can get easily taken out and with these refs who seem more used to dealing with Mad Max in the thunderdrome, i have concerns.

it seems to me, these kind of players take a bit longer to adjust to the rigours, due to their stature......they take a bit longer to physically mature.....but i love his quick feet and quick thinking in tight situations.

Yep I agree, and I also agree with the point of having more patience with him.  I wasn't in any way implying that he won't make it.  I think he has a great chance if he can break in.  I was only saying that as a club we need to be pragmatic and perhaps a little ruthless in the event that he (or anyone else...) doesn't make it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

He really grew into the game Saturday.  He was always ok, but in the 2nd half he had a real swagger about him.  He faced up to people, committed them and moved after he passed.  

Was a really good 45 mins from him. 

I think once Ipswich started commiting themselves he found life much easier. He could roll them either side, get on the half turn, skip past them. I think his best performances have come away from home for that reason. 

He isn't at his best with a wall of defenders in front of him waiting to react to what he does, bit like rabbit in the headlights at the minute in that regards.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 16:25, BOF said:

Yeah I don't really get the line of thoguht that we were wrong to sell Bannan.

He was absolute toilet for us when we were in the Prem. It was right to get rid of him.

Just because we've now fallen to a position where he would get into our team doesn't make that decision a wrong one.

• Like 2

I'll not accuse him of a lack of effort to me he looked like he worked as hard as any other game. 

He is very inconsistent though and tonight was a big off night at a bad time. It was obvious from pretty early on. It's a bold call to make an early call but it was clear Grealish would have more impact after about 30 mins. 

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully benched. One thing that should never be accepted is a lack of effort and again it was one of those games where his heart wasn't in it. 

Thats one of my concerns with loans to be honest.

Can loanees REALLY buy into the team spirit and "This is my club" when really it isn't and likely won't be in the future?

Â